Evenings

buckmaster79

guilford county been seeing alot in fields showing off for the ladies in afternoons

Garrett Trentham

Edgecombe county, watched six different longbeards strut and walk around the farm like they'd lost their women last Saturday evening. Hope they act the same way next week. In my experience, these lonely afternoon toms are easy pickins.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I have to work on Saturday so hope to hit the woods in the afternoon. Maybe at least see, hear something to help me pinpoint a roost site for Monday morning.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Birds will gobble in the evening if the weather is not too hot. Typically though they will usually only gobble one or 2 times in the evening. I have only had one to gobble good in the evening and that bird was a 2 yr old. Usually though if you can get him to gobble once in the evening then he is coming but quietly . The bird that my dad killed last week down in SC only gobbled one time. I had been calling for almost 3 hours and finally at 4pm or so I heard a gobble way off in the windy distance. That bird came on in to my dad without saying a peep. He shot the bird at around 4:15. I don't like deer hunting turkeys and I don't like setting in a blind all day deer hunting turkeys but I know as I get older I have no choice. Walking for miles all day running and gunning is not possible especially when we don't have the land to hunt that we use to or the youth.

Last edited: