Eno river boat ramp question

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
Just a general question. The boat ramp in the eno River above interstate 85......is this a nice ramp? Can you put a bass boat or bigger boat in there? Is it navigable with anything other than a job bot or kayak? And is it somewhere that you might get vandalized? Thanks for any info. I’ve never put in there but have thought of it before

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's been over 10 years since I fished the Eno, but I had no problems putting an old 15 ft. Starcraft V hull in from that ramp. I think I remember seeing several bass boats there also.

rascals dad

Button Buck
You can launch a bassboat with no problem. I have seen many of them launched and loaded with no ramp problems, owner malfunctions possable at any ramp.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
it is fine for a bass boat ... only a one lane ramp and not a lot of parking. your problem will be when you go down stream and the lake opens up .......dont run fast across the open places as a lot of it is very shallow ........if you have never run it go slow and stay in the river channel.

Duckmauler dhc

Old Mossy Horns
it is fine for a bass boat ... only a one lane ramp and not a lot of parking. your problem will be when you go down stream and the lake opens up .......dont run fast across the open places as a lot of it is very shallow ........if you have never run it go slow and stay in the river channel.

Got it, I am very familiar with the upper end of falls, just never been in the river itself

bag12day

Six Pointer
Contributor
Thank y’all for the info. Just wanted to make sure that ramp and areas wasn’t too shallow for a bigger boat
Thought I could throw my .02 in just to make you feel a little better and one more warning like @Mack in N.C. gave.
I have been fishing in the flat and Eno for 20+ years in everything from a 15' Old town , bass boats, Jon boats, and for the past 4 years I launched there with my 1973 20' CC Mako 175 Yammy with a T-top. I definitely get some strange looks but its no problem if you do what Mack said. The Flats and shallow areas don't change much year to year but BIG Blow down trees that topple in winter then lodge in mid river do! There is nasty boat motor wrecking stuff just under the surface regardless of water level ( I usually am there in spring with levels up) and generally I go down the Eno then upstream into the Flat but I've been down into the Lake too and occasionally up the Eno. I have no issue putting it up on plane and running but be careful on some of those curves if you are there with other boats, as there's not a lot of room to maneuver and for sure drop to idle well before the Yaks.
Now the bad news, depending on when you go there are some issues with drug use and neordowells B&E vehicles usually at night, but just don't leave any valuables in sight or in your bed and you should be fine.

Just a general question. The boat ramp in the eno River above interstate 85......is this a nice ramp? Can you put a bass boat or bigger boat in there? Is it navigable with anything other than a job bot or kayak? And is it somewhere that you might get vandalized? Thanks for any info. I’ve never put in there but have thought of it before
We were out there last weekend. Hand full of bass boats in the parking lot. Be cautious backing your boat down the ramp. We hit a hole or something laying underwater on the ramp that we couldn't see. Gave the boat and trailer a good little bounce. We were in the center of the ramp too. No clue what it was. Theres also a log with a huge piece of rebar sticking out of it around the area where the flat river comes in. Ive been told by my buddy who took me out that it moves around to so watch out for that.

Last edited:

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Put in there many many many times I ears ago bowfishing and duckhunting. It really gets sporty on a rainy morning about 3 am when there’s water up the road before you pull into parking lot. Launched a duck boat on the gravel road (if it’s still gravel) one time due to water being so high.