End of the season bucks

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Never could get on one of these... they all disappeared after Thanksgiving weekend but they all came back this past week. This first one never came back.
573548580.jpg

Attachments

• 705540258.jpg
    705540258.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 705551122.jpg
    705551122.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Nice....hope they are around for you next year.
I have to go next week and get my cameras and see who made it.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jug

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I always ask myself.....why is this buck on my property at certain times....but not others?

Honestly, I'd rather him be there during the rut....than be there all the rest of the time...and NOT be there during the rut. Those old bruisers that live on the land I hunt.....but, breed elsewhere....are a PITA to hunt. I have a lot of does where I hunt. I leave them alone. I don't have many instances of the aforementioned. I DO have bucks come to where I hunt from other properties, though.

If I had bucks leaving my property, during the rut, I'd ask myself if I was doing anything to prod him to do so.

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
That keeps me awake wondering the same thing.
I usually have a couple of good bucks on camera late summer and they vanish around the first of October on property close to ours.
I plant food plots for Fall and feed the deer till around the end of March and have alot of does around.
Must be some prettier girls somewhere else.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
That keeps me awake wondering the same thing.
I usually have a couple of good bucks on camera late summer and they vanish around the first of October on property close to ours.
I plant food plots for Fall and feed the deer till around the end of March and have alot of does around.
Must be some prettier girls somewhere else.
Or in my case groceries.

i think all the small ones have to live in my marginal spots and when they get high enough on the pecking order they move into the easy life. :)

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Deer in 1st and 2nd pic is hard for me to pass with a bow but he's young, I only hunted a few times but not for him, hope he makes it. His daddy is the 3rd and 4th picture and he was shot. I have some others I won't post but all in all it was a tough year for mature bucks. I also had couple very sick deer on camera that disappeared, likely died. Tons of 2 year olds and few 3year olds, with this deer in 4th and 5th pic likely being 4.
f11e910cef5fc02c05cb985098a18d62.jpg
78aa6ed9ac1e087d7c1415b07c45f7c1.jpg
7961560194aeb7daf7556583e07fbdd7.jpg
65fea4bcc26d806a8c593a48c36cfa4a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Amount of shooting I head this season I’m surprised any were still around but have about 8-10 that made it but only one looks like he’ll be a good one next season.

had a cool drop tine buck on cam early, we didn’t shoot em but no new pics. Hope he found somewhere to hole up for season