End of season

wfdavis50

Six Pointer
What is the one thing one has learn this deer season. So far for me it has been not where to hunt. I did get the chance to go out yesterday. I was able to see one deer around 5:00 pm. I could not get a clear sight picture or shot at it

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What is the one thing one has learn this deer season. So far for me it has been not where to hunt. I did get the chance to go out yesterday. I was able to see one deer around 5:00 pm. I could not get a clear sight picture or shot at it

I think you learned something else: when NOT to pull the trigger. Being so close to the end of the season, some hunters would have risked a shot even if they realized it was a poor one, and possibly wounding a deer.

Kudos on showing restraint.

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
Get ready faster!! I missed a nice buck because I wasn’t ready when he first appeared and he soon got out of range of my 20ga rifled slug. To be fair he was in brush & I didn’t want to shoot a young buck & I was afraid he was one of the small bucks I was saving for my daughter. I had no idea this buck was around. Oh well better to miss clean than to shoot something I didn’t intend to.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
I have learned that it is hard to get my daughter on a certain buck..... for the third time. She has shot this deer (grazed through the neck) and completely missed him (somehow the scope was knocked off for this one).... between her not being able to go due to school and homework, and at times my work, she wasn’t able to cross paths with him again.... although I’ve watched him a few times this season when she wasn’t with me.... our plan was to go after him after Christmas even if I had to take off work as he has been in and out almost daily within shooting hours on the regular..... but as luck would have it... he busted off a tine night before last and she has made the decision that she doesn’t want to kill him that way..... so.... it’s doe killin time and we hope to see him next year!
b7389c216a0deba14a0498e5dfd32c9e.jpg
d2a4b71b84911c51f5dcffcceda9d239.jpg
1b1c5f7d89ab2c1348d7b20b426a466a.jpg
133a0ce955b490237f09c352550a33b3.jpg
7ec04fec0ce08f63cc5f89ac5b9cdad8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepbreath

Six Pointer
I have learned that it is hard to get my daughter on a certain buck..... for the third time. She has shot this deer (grazed through the neck) and completely missed him (somehow the scope was knocked off for this one).... between her not being able to go due to school and homework, and at times my work, she wasn’t able to cross paths with him again.... although I’ve watched him a few times this season when she wasn’t with me.... our plan was to go after him after Christmas even if I had to take off work as he has been in and out almost daily within shooting hours on the regular..... but as luck would have it... he busted off a tine night before last and she has made the decision that she doesn’t want to kill him that way..... so.... it’s doe killin time and we hope to see him next year!
b7389c216a0deba14a0498e5dfd32c9e.jpg
d2a4b71b84911c51f5dcffcceda9d239.jpg
1b1c5f7d89ab2c1348d7b20b426a466a.jpg
133a0ce955b490237f09c352550a33b3.jpg
7ec04fec0ce08f63cc5f89ac5b9cdad8.jpg

The one thing to look forward to next year is he will be a stud!

berryman26

Six Pointer
Get ready faster!! I missed a nice buck because I wasn’t ready when he first appeared and he soon got out of range of my 20ga rifled slug. To be fair he was in brush & I didn’t want to shoot a young buck & I was afraid he was one of the small bucks I was saving for my daughter. I had no idea this buck was around. Oh well better to miss clean than to shoot something I didn’t intend to.
This, I missed a couple windows because I was not ready. It can happen in a split second.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Enjoy and appreciate the days you get to hunt because when you get broken or just older they start getting fewer and fewer