Elite Omnia Review

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
I spent three days shooting the Elite Omnia that I picked up at Eastern Outfitters in Richlands, NC. Now that I have a vibration meter, we have added it to the testing criteria. As with my previous Mathews Phase 4 video, I don’t trust the sound data. If you scroll the video slowly you will notice that as the arrow passes over the chronograph (fps) and decibel (dB) meter, there is a speed indication and a slight increase in sound. Then after a delay, there is a large jump in decibels. My conclusion is that what I have been seeing is the actual impact on the target rather than the sound of the bow firing the arrow.

Draw: is a little on the stiff side at 70 pounds, as expected for a speed bow. It is similar in draw cycle to the Enkore I own. It is very even through the cycle, then gently drops in to a back wall.

Hold: Rock solid back wall, even without the limbs stops and very friendly to get on target and hold there.

Shot: amazingly smooth for a speed bow. The bow doesn’t have a jump, noise is minimal, and very little felt vibration. Surprising to me, on the vibration meter, it actually performed better than the Phase 4. Here is the data for an Elite Omnia set at 70 pounds, 27.5” draw, 80% let off shooting 470 grain arrow:

Avg Speed: 280.5 fps

Avg vibes: 20.695 mm/s

Avg sound: 82 dB.

So far, I have enjoyed each of the bows Ive shot for review and look forward to testing the Hoyts out after the price point bows.

dfitzy

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Enjoy your reviews. I have a long draw at 32" so always like to see some of the long draw bow reviews. I finally upgraded this year from my 2012 Martin to a 2022 BowTech Revolt XL. Didn't think I would be a BowTech fan but between the Hoyt, Matthews, and BT, it was my favorite.

careyhamil

Eight Pointer
Enjoy your reviews. I have a long draw at 32" so always like to see some of the long draw bow reviews. I finally upgraded this year from my 2012 Martin to a 2022 BowTech Revolt XL. Didn't think I would be a BowTech fan but between the Hoyt, Matthews, and BT, it was my favorite.
Thank you for the positive comments. I liked the Bowtech that I reviewed. The new carbon one is really solid for well.