Elite colleges Bribery thread.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Dude, are they saying what most of us already knew is happening on a larger level?

Can you imagine be a student denied a scholarship (possibly earned) to watch these "idiots" take your place?

I cannot fathom!

red neck richie

Six Pointer
C'mon! your not really surprised by this are you? Money talks. Its been this way for a long time. Im not saying I agree with it or its right but we all know the way it works.

dpc

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not shocked at all. If your worth millions a few 100k for your dipshit kid to get a piece of paper from Stanford isn't a bad deal.

nontypical

Six Pointer
Money talks. BS walks. Parents with the resources will pay whatever it takes for their kids playing time for sports, college acceptance, you name it, money is no object.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
What is just as bad or maybe worse is the lowering of standards for certain people to make it easier for them to get in. We all knew $$ gets you anything you want if you are willing. Some of the things they have as evidence is pretty damning. Photoshopping their kid's head onto the body of an athlete. One girl they said was a top ranked tennis start actually went 2-8 in HS.

Just added as they just showed the Full House actress on the news from a clip in 2017 where she was asked about her daughter's admission to college and she cried with the proudness of a parent who just helped their child cheat their way in. By far the best performance of her career.

Last edited:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
What is just as bad or maybe worse is the lowering of standards for certain people to make it easier for them to get in. We all knew $$ gets you anything you want if you are willing. Some of the things they have as evidence is pretty damning. Photoshopping their kid's head onto the body of an athlete. One girl they said was a top ranked tennis start actually went 2-8 in HS.

Just added as they just showed the Full House actress on the news from a clip in 2017 where she was asked about her daughter's admission to college and she cried with the proudness of a parent who just helped their child cheat their way in. By far the best performance of her career.
Surely you are talking about affirmative action? Right?

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
This whole damn thing is like a cop writing a parking ticket to Timothy mcveigh for parking the box truck full of explosives too close to the building.

In other words, they’re making a mountain out of a molehill. IMO if you think this is terrible what these parents and coaches did, then you obviously have zero comprehension of how college athletics work. Not only athletics but academia as well. When this whole thing broke in the news, I’ll guaradamtee there were buttholes puckering in every deans office of every university in the country.
I’m not saying what they did was right, but I am saying if this is how investigators choose to spend their time, then they’re overlooking a shitload of stuff that’s way worse. It’s nothing more than witch hunt that was convenient because of celebrities.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
What this exposes to me is that completely under-qualified students got into prestigious and rigorously-difficult academic institutions, AND DID JUST FINE AND GRADUATED! How hard are these schools' academic programs in reality?

Our own AOC went to $70K/year Boston University, graduated cum laude in economics, and does not know the difference between a tax incentive and a slush fund whereas Amazon is concerned.

The problem is not so much who gets in, but more importantly what they DON'T learn while there...

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
After they get in, the pressure from every side, including the university is to make them pass with honors. The only thing holding anyone accountable at that point is the morality of the professor and the accrediting board.

bigten

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This whole damn thing is like a cop writing a parking ticket to Timothy mcveigh for parking the box truck full of explosives too close to the building.

In other words, they’re making a mountain out of a molehill. IMO if you think this is terrible what these parents and coaches did, then you obviously have zero comprehension of how college athletics work. Not only athletics but academia as well. When this whole thing broke in the news, I’ll guaradamtee there were buttholes puckering in every deans office of every university in the country.
I’m not saying what they did was right, but I am saying if this is how investigators choose to spend their time, then they’re overlooking a shitload of stuff that’s way worse. It’s nothing more than witch hunt that was convenient because of celebrities.
It's my understanding that this information was not actually what was being investigated, but found during another search.

JD1107

Eight Pointer
What this exposes to me is that completely under-qualified students got into prestigious and rigorously-difficult academic institutions, AND DID JUST FINE AND GRADUATED! How hard are these schools' academic programs in reality?

Our own AOC went to $70K/year Boston University, graduated cum laude in economics, and does not know the difference between a tax incentive and a slush fund whereas Amazon is concerned.

The problem is not so much who gets in, but more importantly what they DON'T learn while there...
If they cheated to get into the schools, don’t you think they cheated their ways through the schools?? I’m sure a lot of college professors pockets were filled along the way.

kilerhamilton

Twelve Pointer

You named it. Probably stepping on toes here but frats and sorties are the same on a smaller level. It’s all politics and money.
When I was at state, I hung out with some frat guys a few times to study. Guess what they had?? Last semesters test and work sheets. And no they were different majors than me so it didn’t help. It’s all a scam. I work for UNC now and the whole place is a shit show. Athletics blow millions, where everything else suffers unless it’s privately donated. Don’t believe me? Ride around the place for 30mins and tell me where the money is at.