Educate me on Fish Finders

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I love gadgets anyway so this tool fits in the arsenal. We have a motto on the farm "work hard to play hard" and that's what we intend to do.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
That’s right brownitsdown. I’d love to have back what I’ve spent on liquor to either invest or put on more gadgets. I’m sure he’d have found those crappie I was catching suspended 20ft down over 52 foot of water the other day 😂.

I’ve got two on my boat. A garmin and a hummingbird. I hardly even turn them on any more. All you need is a fishing pole to tell water depth. Stick the pole in the water. If it goes all the way to the reel you know it’s reel deep. Lol.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
how do you mount the transducer on the front of the boat?

I would be afraid to mount on to my trolling motor. As much as I try to drive it on the bank to save a hook, I feel I would knock it off of the motor.

or are they mounted good enough I wouldn't knock it off?

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
how do you mount the transducer on the front of the boat?

I would be afraid to mount on to my trolling motor. As much as I try to drive it on the bank to save a hook, I feel I would knock it off of the motor.

or are they mounted good enough I wouldn't knock it off?
I have no idea as this is my first one but I plan to mount it to the motor. I do know more hooks are cheaper than transducers though 😆

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
It's not the hooks, it's the time to re-tie or change bream busters out. I'm a get your :donk:donk:donk:donk and lets fish kind of pilot

trolling motor. I’ve got my live scope on a pole mount, but if I had a foot pedal for my trolling motor, I’d have it on that.

a regular transducer it’s nothing to mount on the trolling motor. You’ll break your prop before you break it