Early voting

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Do you truly trust your ballot to be accurately counted.......here?
Are you truly confidant it will be delivered to and scanned correctly at your voting precinct?
I am not..I will vote on election day, at my precinct, and run.my ballot into the machine myself.
To be honest I don't trust anything dealing with local government but due to travel plans it was neccessary for us to vote early. Process was same as last year we filed out ballots and feed into machine. Good thing I witnessed was number of Trump supporters seen in a one hour time frame.

double

Twelve Pointer
I refuse to vote before November 3. To much going on. I already know some folks who voted for Cal Cunningham and wish they didn’t once the cheating scandal broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Radio said this morning that 25% of all NC registered voters had already voted. If 50% do indeed vote, on the actual election day, there may be only a few of you left to do it!

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I refuse to vote before November 3. To much going on. I already know some folks who voted for Cal Cunningham and wish they didn’t once the cheating scandal broke.

If Tillis was the one doing all the cheating, would you have switched your vote to Cunningham?

CarolinaReaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this raises a good point. But I feel pretty concrete in who all I’m voting for.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I just slid my ballot through the machine a few minutes ago...I watched it go through. I know who I voted for, at least I did before it went through that machine. Sad state of affairs when you can't be sure you voted for who you voted for.

It's a computer.... it can be hacked or even programmed for a specific result. Vegas does it every day.

I wonder how many people are going to be turned away on election day because they "already voted"?

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
To be honest I don't trust anything dealing with local government but due to travel plans it was neccessary for us to vote early. Process was same as last year we filed out ballots and feed into machine. Good thing I witnessed was number of Trump supporters seen in a one hour time frame.

I understand. But, how confidant are you that your vote will be processed correctly? Are you sure your individual votes will be calculated exactly where you intend then to be? I am not that trusting with our local system.. may only be me, yet I prefer to go to my assigned polling location on our national day of elections. I may still be screwed, and my vote altered, but the possibility is dramatically lessened. Ommv....
Yes, I do not fully trust the system, especially in our current environment.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I used to vote early for the convenience. Now I enjoy going on election day, mostly for the significance of it.

I also found that I had a considerable wait every time I voted early, but when I vote on election day, my wait is usually 5 minutes or less.

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We having to vote absentee. We gonna take our ballots to the county office. My wife works with covid patients every day and didn't want to take a chance going around anyone while in line and 2 weeks later a wral story breaks that people got covid from being around a Wake Med ICU NURSE. Some of the election workers know my wife and I and what she does for a living.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just food for thought... I voted early. I understand the reverence of voting on voting day, but this year is a little different.

I haven't kept myself or my family locked up, nor do I intend to.

That being said, I may or may not contract this thing a few days prior to voting day. I want mine to count.

Can't count if I'm laid up in the bed November 1st-4th.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just food for thought... I voted early. I understand the reverence of voting on voting day, but this year is a little different.

I haven't kept myself or my family locked up, nor do I intend to.

That being said, I may or may not contract this thing a few days prior to voting day. I want mine to count.

Can't count if I'm laid up in the bed November 1st-4th.

Yet. Are you 100% positive it will count......correctly?
Are you trusting your local system to that extent?
I, personally, do not. I will cast my vote on November 3rd, at MY precinct. If I am incapacitated and not able to, that would be my bad luck.
Ymmv.......

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I will be voting early Saturday or Monday .... hope the lines aren’t too long but today was the first day here in WV and it has been a larger turnout than usual .... but our 5 electoral votes are minimal

I hope the large turnout nation wide is from frustrated conservatives and moderates and even righter than left liberals that have enough common sense to vote for the well being of this nation

I’m hopeful but nervous and pessimistic at the same time... I worry it’s going to be Biden and I don’t trust the integrity of mail in ballots

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yet. Are you 100% positive it will count......correctly?
Are you trusting your local system to that extent?
I, personally, do not. I will cast my vote on November 3rd, at MY precinct. If I am incapacitated and not able to, that would be my bad luck.
Ymmv.......

With such a small county, and having placed my ballot in the voting machine, I'm confident it will count as much as it would on November 3rd. That's not saying November 3rd is 100% either.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Wife and I went earlier this week, shortest I've ever been in line, probably 20 minutes tops, thought I was going to be there most of the afternoon.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I stopped and talked to another farmer as I was passing by he flagged me down just to talk. One of the things he asked me was if I voted yet. Told him nope, I’ll see you Nov 3. He hadn’t voted yet either and said, “I’ll see you there.”

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
We went today. No line but guess we caught it at right time as cars coming in quick as we were leaving.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
I went earlier in the week. There was a man wearing a sandwich board with democrat names and slogans all over it. He walked the line trying to hand out Dem candidate propaganda, only to be told no by everyone I witnessed him talk to. Dem tent had no one there, Rep tent was lined up. I know small town politics differ from big cities, but that's my observations.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
This election will reveal a lot about NC. If Biden wins we'll know that NC has gotten like Illinois and NY where the large metro areas dictate state politics. I see a lot of Biden signs in Raleigh, hoping everyone without a sign in yard is a Trump supporter.