Early Season Permit

dcmayo311

Four Pointer
Can anyone give me some advice on a decoy spread for Saturday? I have 11 wood ducks, 11 teal, 6 black ducks, 18 mallards, 6 coots, 2 mojo doves, 2 mojo mallards, mojo rippler, and pulsator. I have only hunted the coastal area once, last year in the Smith Creek impoundment in December and only managed 1 blue winged teal. Any HELP would be appreciated.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
What type of place will you be hunting? Very generally I would Put out 6, mostly hens with 3 of them on a jerk string.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Oh yea, been there. All the teal in a group or 2 groups, coots on a jerk string. Then maybe the back ducks and a couple mallards. Put them in small groups. Don’t get caught up in the shapes you read in magazines, when’s the last time you saw ducks sitting in a J? The mojos can be hit or miss. Bring one or 2 and if it looks like they don’t like it pull them.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
Can anyone give me some advice on a decoy spread for Saturday? I have 11 wood ducks, 11 teal, 6 black ducks, 18 mallards, 6 coots, 2 mojo doves, 2 mojo mallards, mojo rippler, and pulsator. I have only hunted the coastal area once, last year in the Smith Creek impoundment in December and only managed 1 blue winged teal. Any HELP would be appreciated.

I’d take the teal, coots, blacks, and maybe 6 mallards.
I like the mojo doves...the teal do too.