E File form 4's are showing up!

I'm getting up there in time too. What congress critter do you call? Would Burr or Tillis actually help or pretend they're too busy? I know my local rep David Price-D ain't gonna lift a finger for me in this issue.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
154 days today
may have to use the "call congress critter" method,,,

so I called ATF,,,, waste of time
my application is still in the "pending" category, which means it's not assigned yet for action
154 days and not assigned

90 days my arse and I don't believe any of the other data that says folks are getting it done sooner

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
All mine were marked pending in the past.
Some showed pending I would call on them, pending on Friday then approved on Monday.
If I recall pending just shows it is in the works.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
All mine were marked pending in the past.
Some showed pending I would call on them, pending on Friday then approved on Monday.
If I recall pending just shows it is in the works.
according to the message that talks when you call them (before you go on hold) pending means, and I quote, "pending means your case has not been assigned"

I got the same thing when I called in. It was always "pending" until it was just magically approved. Never changed status on either of the two I bought until they were approved. The agent I talked to said that pending is a good thing as it means there's no problem, its just slow. If there was a problem they would tell you and obviously they'll tell you its approved when that time comes.

The frustrating part with the old process was when they show its been approved for weeks but they hadnt actually mailed out the tax stamp. Now its all electronic and fairly instant. My buddies efile form 4 was approved and signed and he got a call from his dealer the same day to come get it.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
This is a case where no news is bad news!

Still waiting.
And longer weight than the last 6 done on paper!
Should have never changed and then got a real stamp.
My next will be back to paper!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Got email last week, 159 days on the efile. Dealer said paper form 4s running 14-16 months.
I have never had a paper form run that long.
Not that is does not happen but not for me so far.
My last forms early in the year the longest was 5 months.

My dealers I have use have seen some go 12 or longer but not the norm at all.
Most were trusts with many people on them.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Anybody got their Silencerco EVO yet for review? I did the e form for one in April. Obviously I haven’t gotten it back yet. Just wondering how it is. It will be my first one for a centerfire rifle.

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Anyone else get the email today from ATF about the pay.gov scheduled maintenance. I got all excited for about 5 seconds until I opened the email.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I have mine. It’s great. Very quiet. Almost identical in performance to the omega in sound reduction.
Thats what I was wanting to know. SS is giving a 100s gift card now with the evo.
Was thinking about another so I had my two dedicated hunting combos and just leave them direct thread.

Jimbob78

Twelve Pointer
When I got my first in 2010ish, they told me the best thing I can do is pay and forget. That’s the best advice one can possibly get. The wait times have been pretty much identical from then to last year on all of my stuff.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Few things. No more hard copy stamps. Just a PDF email to you and Estamp on the form. Also no wait for US Mail.
When you get your email you can print it out and show up to do the 4473 and take your item home.
Seeing some local at 2 to 3 month range.
Paper still taking for ever for most part.
I have a question for you, I’ve heard for years that atf would randomly show up to inspect your NFA items and basically walk into your home like they owned the place. While I know you have to provide the item if asked so that you can demonstrate it’s still in your possession, have you ever heard of this happening? I don’t care about providing the NFA item for inspection but I’m not keen on anyone, even agents walking into my home.

ELR Shooter

Four Pointer
I have a question for you, I’ve heard for years that atf would randomly show up to inspect your NFA items and basically walk into your home like they owned the place. While I know you have to provide the item if asked so that you can demonstrate it’s still in your possession, have you ever heard of this happening? I don’t care about providing the NFA item for inspection but I’m not keen on anyone, even agents walking into my home.
The ATF will not show up at your door and they can not enter your home/property without a search warrant. The ATF can olny randomly inspect FFL's during their posted business hours.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
The ATF will not show up at your door and they can not enter your home/property without a search warrant. The ATF can olny randomly inspect FFL's during their posted business hours.
That’s good.:.. I’d always thought the entry without warrant was suspect but it was guys in the gun business that always talked about it, granted they didn’t mess with the NFA side of things

flathead977

Ten Pointer
I have accepted the fact that I may not even have this for hunting season lol. Hopefully by the end of the season, but was hoping to have it to start the season. Government programs, I should have known better.

Last edited:

Nomad88

Spike
I have accepted the fact that I may not even have this for hunting season lol. Hopefully by the end of the season, but was hoping to have it to start the season. Government programs, I should have known better.
I’m in the same boat. I just hope by Dec 31

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone have a good recommendation for a multi cal can??? Wont be on pistols and largest caliber I’d run is 30 cal.