Dumping Trash in the Uwharrie National Forest.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Saturday I decided to take a walk on one of the closer tracts to me and do a little squirrel hunting...Found a fresh trash pile where someone had dumped their trash...Unbelievable!!!

I did send these pictures and location to the local warden, just hope they find something with an address or clue as to what idiot did this...

Attachments

• 2A9FAC35-8411-4522-A9EB-3A705AB138F0.jpeg
    2A9FAC35-8411-4522-A9EB-3A705AB138F0.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 98193F09-5D85-4314-85D4-EFF9BF18CB76.jpeg
    98193F09-5D85-4314-85D4-EFF9BF18CB76.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 9CFCA280-4B68-4231-9E85-F71170E34B04.jpeg
    9CFCA280-4B68-4231-9E85-F71170E34B04.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 176

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
absolute shame but happens all over coast to mtns. anywhere that has little isolation people use as a dump Heck govt gave em money they orta take it to dump for couple bucks. Its not always publuc they dump on plenty private land gets same respect

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Just looked at the last pic....did they seriously leave tracks back to the house....what idiots

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Just looked at the last pic....did they seriously leave tracks back to the house....what idiots

That is actually the path on the gameland, they drove around the gate, over some smaller pine trees, that's the last picture...I had dumpers on a tract of land that I listed in Davidson County, they left a prescription bottle, complete with their name....As mentioned, there is something in that pile that will identify them and I bet they live within 5 miles of the gate, probably closer...

double

Twelve Pointer
absolute shame but happens all over coast to mtns. anywhere that has little isolation people use as a dump Heck govt gave em money they orta take it to dump for couple bucks. Its not always publuc they dump on plenty private land gets same respect

Bad thing is in Randolph county the dump is free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Well, I just got some good news!!!

The culprits have been identified and charges are pending!!!

Folks, this is why you need to know the local warden, they can't be everywhere and the quicker they get leads like this the sooner they can investigate....After a few days the coyotes would have had this mess scattered all over the place...

CarolinaReaper

Saturday I decided to take a walk on one of the closer tracts to me and do a little squirrel hunting...Found a fresh trash pile where someone had dumped their trash...Unbelievable!!!

I did send these pictures and location to the local warden, just hope they find something with an address or clue as to what idiot did this...

I mean to tell you that nothing pi$$es me off more than some lazy sack of crap dumping their trash in the woods. This is an extreme amount of garbage but it still ticks me off when I go hiking in state parks and see it. It's just a blatant lack of respect for nature and the state itself.

Good on ya for how you handled it. Hope they get whats coming.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Carry medical gloves so you can go through trash more safely. If you have gloves with you, you might be more likely to look then. I've used sticks to go through trash. Sometimes you get lucky.

Last edited:

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't bother any of it, evidence...

That has never come up...tampering with evidence. I take a piece of "incriminating" evidence..mail, a medicine bottle, etc. with me so I would have it to give to the officer. Bad part was direction, location, photo of trash would be mailed to offender's address, and a statement saying "pick it up, deliver to landfill, get me(officer) receipt from landfill, charges dropped. I've posted about this before. I WANT them charged and fined. Some have been felony amounts. Robeson county is the biggest county in NC. Landfill is in St. Pauls. A lot of people have to drive a good ways. But not enough.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
That has never come up...tampering with evidence. I take a piece of "incriminating" evidence..mail, a medicine bottle, etc. with me so I would have it to give to the officer. Bad part was direction, location, photo of trash would be mailed to offender's address, and a statement saying "pick it up, deliver to landfill, get me(officer) receipt from landfill, charges dropped. I've posted about this before. I WANT them charged and fined. Some have been felony amounts. Robeson county is the biggest county in NC. Landfill is in St. Pauls. A lot of people have to drive a good ways. But not enough.

It also has the biggest amount of litterbug's. Trashiest roadside in NC imo

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Littering has always been bad, it wasn’t as noticeable years ago because we had a litter crew. Now the Gooberment and their infinite wisdom said it was cruel to use ‘free’ inmate labor.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
It also has the biggest amount of litterbug's. Trashiest roadside in NC imo

There used to be dumpsters at different areas in the county. MAN!!! Dumpsters(3 to 4) would get full/partially full and the normal pos would just pile the crap around the dumpsters. At times it looked like a front end loader would be needed. Horrible. Terrible eyesore. Dumpsters were moved to fenced areas, with an attendant, and a crusher. People thought dumping would get worse. I can't really tell a difference. One day a dumpster appeared on my dad's property, close to an old store. I swear within a week, trash was being piled around the dumpster. Dad made a phone call, was told he had to in writing request the dumpster be removed. He said,"I didn't request in writing saying I wanted a dumpster put there.", Sir, you need....I heard dad say, "If I tie a chain around it and use one of my tractors to pull it in the middle of 501 and leave it, I bet somebody will come and get it.". Person said it would be removed. It was gone in a couple of days, and the trash around it was gone, too. I said something like, "Dang Dad.". lmbo.

And, yes...lots of road trash, too.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
Did you call officer Johnson or how do you go about getting hold of a warden for an instance like this? I’ve just called the sheriffs department and hope for the best the few times I had issues.

sammyjack

Button Buck
Well, I just got some good news!!!

The culprits have been identified and charges are pending!!!

Folks, this is why you need to know the local warden, they can't be everywhere and the quicker they get leads like this the sooner they can investigate....After a few days the coyotes would have had this mess scattered all over the place...
Can you share the contact info for the warden in Randolph? It would be good to have.

CarolinaReaper

The bad thing is the whole Uwharrie area has plenty of free trash sites that are not that far apart

Exactly. It personally irritates me because Uwharrie was where myself, brother, cousin and grandpa used to take our yearly camping trips when we were all kids. I have so many fun memories of that place and to see stuff like this just burns my tail up.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
In Robeson county, I think I call the landfill(been a while thankfully) and get up with what is called something like "the solid waste officer", you get the idea. Make arrangements for them to meet you.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Since this has some folks riled up, as it should, here is how you find the phone number of your local wildlife officer:

Just select "enforcement" in the Division drop down, then select your region in the Section drop down. Enter and it will show all the officers, by county, in the chosen district.

Now save this somewhere you can get to because you may not always be in your home district.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If it's on NF lands the best place to report it is the local Ranger's Office..........in the case of the Uwharrie NF, the office is in Troy.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Be careful poking around in piles of trash as some of the meth making byproducts can be rather dangerous.
Yes, my family and I do a yearly cleanup of the road frontage on the farm, be careful, folks throw nasty stuff out

Glad they tracked down the scum bags that quickly