Dude, how bad has Rocky Mount gotten?

pir8rn

Six Pointer
When we go into town at night with friends I make sure everybody carries just for security.

Yep. I used to strongly discourage my wife from going without me after dark. I carry, but she doesn't.
The last time she went by herself after dark was in Nov to Walmart, and ended up being interviewed by the police after a couple teens were running around with guns and caused the store to be evacuated...

pir8rn

Six Pointer
I go to RM several days a week for work and never really go south of 64. My friend lives in one of those houses near the mill and hasn't had any issues so far. I avoid the downtown area like the plague. They just built that sports complex there but if the gangbangers are outside in full force it won't do a damn thing.

Do you mean the event center? Sports complex had been here a while...

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Yes I always get them mixed up. Thanks for the correction.

No worries.
The complete and utter lack of parking won't help either.

I do really like what they've done with the Mill area and spend quite a bit of time there. I can't imagine they have many people in line to rent those places at over $1,100 a month though...

justhunt

Six Pointer
Contributor
I’m sending 2 of my crews to do a job in Tarboro next week and was looking at putting them up in hotels located in Rocky Mount. After reading this thread I’m second guessing that choice, I really don’t need anything stolen off my trucks. I don’t won’t to have to pay them to drive more than 30 minutes each morning to the job site and I always put them up in nice places to stay so the 2 I found in Tarboro are out. Any of you guys from down that way have any recommendations? If so, please PM me so I can check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Put em up at a motel on 64 by the Outback. I'm not from RM but that area seems like it would be okay.

sent from...... Tapatalk

beagleman26

Four Pointer
Put em up at a motel on 64 by the Outback. I'm not from RM but that area seems like it would be okay.

sent from...... Tapatalk
Agree with what MJ said. We have sales reps. come to Rocky Mount often and that’s the area they stay in. Never heard of a problem.

samuelrp

Eight Pointer
Do a google search: hoods in _____________________. (Insert your town, Rocky Mount, Kinston, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, whatever). Enjoy the youtube videos!