Duck Hunting Draws Fire From Badin Home Owners

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Its on the other side of the lake. Here are directions,, maybe you can figure out from there. I cannot get a link. But if you get your map up follow these directions..
From 109 south from Denton
right on hy 49
left on Blaine/badin lake road
Right on Shoreline
Follow it down to boat ramp
The area in question is on the right..There's a point of land there, looks like two fingers of water...

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Oh look. Another waterfowl thread locked because people can't disagree and leave the topic alone. Why we even keep this forum open is beyond me.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
After receiving some good feedback from one of our users, I've unlocked this thread.

Please keep all comments ON TOPIC and do not let it devolve into name calling or sniping. Moving forward individual users who find it necessary to snipe and derail the thread will be given warnings and possible vacations.

The majority of people should not have to suffer for the actions of a few.

Einstein

Six Pointer
Its on the other side of the lake. Here are directions,, maybe you can figure out from there. I cannot get a link. But if you get your map up follow these directions..
From 109 south from Denton
right on hy 49
left on Blaine/badin lake road
Right on Shoreline
Follow it down to boat ramp
The area in question is on the right..There's a point of land there, looks like two fingers of water...

So did they park at the ramp and walk down to the water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panthera

Eight Pointer
Thanks, fireduck.. That's it. How did you get the link to post, if I may ask? I couldn't figure it out.
So did they park at the ramp and walk down to the water?

I don't know. I just knew where the area was.

FireDuck401

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks, fireduck.. That's it. How did you get the link to post, if I may ask? I couldn't figure it out.
I don't know. I just knew where the area was.

I took a screenshot with my phone. Added the photo as an attachment via the “attach files” tab.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There have also been groups setting up here, this is the back of one those creeks that makes up what people refer to as “circle drive” area
ac4a329031c343905d15ee38f677b257.jpg

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
It’s a bad idea to feed ducks around your docks. First off it’s not healthy for the ducks one way or the other. Second, you’re just attracting attention to the area while attempting to keep people out of the area that they have the right to use. I’m not knocking the guys for hunting there because they can do what they want to do. There is a million miles of shore line in pamlico dare and carteret counties that we can’t hunt due to stupid laws. We don’t need more stupid laws prohibiting us from using water that we have a public right to use.
It may be but that doesn't stop people, does it? And unless they can prove that feeding ducks off the dock causes flesh eating bacteria outbreaks, no one is going to listen to that complaint.

I'm not equating this to anything like the coastal blind laws. The more accurate comparison is county laws that specify a distance from a house before you can shoot. There are tons of those in this state.

Practically speaking, were the hunters setup and hunting there, or were they chasing down a cripple?

Gus

Six Pointer
Might be legal to hunt there. Hell, might even be ethical- never been there, don't know how folks do things there.
But why would anyone want to hunt there? Might as well be sittin in a Wal Mart parking lot.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Might be legal to hunt there. Hell, might even be ethical- never been there, don't know how folks do things there.
But why would anyone want to hunt there? Might as well be sittin in a Wal Mart parking lot.

People want to hunt there because there are a few dozen resident pier ducks that live there year round, so they are easy pickings.... Stupid I know.
:rolleyes:

Panthera

Eight Pointer
I do not hunt ducks. But I agree the hunters must go through hell. I just went over the regulations and I don't see how you guys can remember all that stuff!

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Looks like the petition that she started is gone now. She was blasted on facebook on the Fox 8 page as well. She really stirred up a storm, got the "woke" flakes in an uproar only to be put down. After seeing the photos posted in this thread there is no way I would entertain hunting in that channel, outside the opening might be a different setup as long as shots were being made away from the houses. I think she got more than she asked for.

Jsrich1102

Button Buck
I saw that kill hunters comment. What an idiot...This area is awful close though, homes line the bank. And it's very narrow there. I do agree there's no need for more legislation. Just enforce the laws on the books, that should suffice.
you right, there is a law on the book for how far you can be from a home before you can shot. i just found this on another site.
"You are not allowed to hunt within 150 yards of a residence using a firearm, archery it is 50 yards ".

Jsrich1102

Button Buck
Thanks Lasttombstone, i was not wanting to start trouble.
There has to be a distance to a residence? you would be able hunt from your house windows without a law being in place. lol. If that is not right, then i would like to know for my own good. last thing i want is a ticket from the game warden. i was trying to find it on the NC wildlife site, but can not find it.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
There has to be a distance to a residence? you would be able hunt from your house windows without a law being in place. lol. If that is not right, then i would like to know for my own good. last thing i want is a ticket from the game warden. i was trying to find it on the NC wildlife site, but can not find it.

^ That’s because it would fall under individual county ordinances. There is no state statute that establishes a blanket distance.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS

Just for clarification........ I have shot deer off my front porch.

Jsrich1102

Button Buck
Just for clarification........ I have shot deer off my front porch.
LOL, looks like i am chilling on the back porch at my cabin in Anson county. I have shot deer from a barn, but just did not think you could shot from your house. I guess you learn something new everyday.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
LOL, looks like i am chilling on the back porch at my cabin in Anson county. I have shot deer from a barn, but just did not think you could shot from your house. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Nope no STATEWIDE restrictions from shooting from/near a dwelling on private land except for local ordinances. There are some on GL. There are however some related to Sunday hunting.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Pay attention to what nccatfisher says. He has reason to know. Me...... I only hunt on my own place so my knowledge is from a very narrow field of view.