woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Made some chili con carne with three ducks I had from last season,,,,

ingredients:

browned the meat,,,

sauteed the peppers and onions,,,

then added the meat back to the pot, seasonings, garlic, and chicken stock (saved the carcasses to make duck stock for next time)

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Unless that cropped pic makes that bowl look much smaller that little serving didn't even come close to whetting your appetite.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Unless that cropped pic makes that bowl look much smaller that little serving didn't even come close to whetting your appetite.

small bowl,,,,wasn't that hungry but needed to do the taste test,,,it was cooked the day before I needed it (stews, soups, and chilis doe best with a reheat in my opinion)

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Always best the next day.
When you do up a stew next time, dredge the meat in a bit of seasoned flour to brown up, small batches so you don't crowd the pot. Use the same pot for browning meat as you will put the stew in.
Looks good

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
small bowl,,,,wasn't that hungry but needed to do the taste test,,,it was cooked the day before I needed it (stews, soups, and chilis doe best with a reheat in my opinion)
I agree, soups, stews, and even spaghetti sauce is always better to me after a good days set to "blend".

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
just ate the last of it for dinner tonight,,,,,next batch will be moose meat,,,,