Duck boat upgrades

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Decided to put a base coat down of OD green - will be working on this later this week. Just part of it now to get a feeling on how I like it. I did some “test camo” on cardboard using this base coat and some lighter colors with some foliage from the yard - I think I’m gonna run with this.

Attachments

valetroutfisherman

Six Pointer
Good luck on the boat. Its a lot if work depending in how face you take it. I did a total: repairs, paint seats, eletrical. Ibwas scared to scratch the paint. But that changed on the river in Oct and on Saturday, when the branches in the river were dragging down the side of my boat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

darenative

Ten Pointer
Good luck on the boat. Its a lot if work depending in how face you take it. I did a total: repairs, paint seats, eletrical. Ibwas scared to scratch the paint. But that changed on the river in Oct and on Saturday, when the branches in the river were dragging down the side of my boat.

🤣 just adds character

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns

I’m doing paint, electrical/lights and seats to get started. It’s overall in good shape and runs well. Got to figure a blind for it too...

Sharps40

Twelve Pointer
Call me....we can put in dual diesels with jet drives and I'll fill the hull like engineer boats with ping pong balls so you can dive it and pop back up.....!!!!!

Last edited:

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
The paint job is looking good. I like that breakuppattern you have going. I have painted my old seaark a few times with just green but it fades out after a year or so. Now I'm just leaving the old brown river water mud stains on it for camo.
Now you just need to build your blind and get to hunting.

alanten

Button Buck
Nice work. I haven't duck hunted in a few years, but some of the best memories I have of those days were the constant boat projects. Less fun were the motor projects, that never went as smoothly as we planned
, and usually ended up costing more.