Dry as DUST in the Sahara up at the Rock

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Has not rained since August 24th up at the Rock. I have only had one dry Fall since I started hunting up there but this one is the worst. Everyones lawn is brown , all the pastures are brown. Trees are shedding leaves all over the place. Very few acorns to boot. :cautious:
None of my foodplots have germinated and the turkeys are having a field day scratching and eating my wheat, rye , and ryegrass seed.
Man I would like to see it rain all week up there and Soon.
anybody else seeing the same things???

country

Ten Pointer
Not sure why I keep doing food plots. Last 3 years the weather has killed my efforts ( 2 years storms drowned them and this year a drought).

Last edited:
Reactions: jug

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Rained hard here this morning. Got a good soaking for sure.

My plots have done well the past 5 years or so, even when we've had hurricanes washing stuff out, but this year there was just no soil moisture at all. I finally planted last week, but as dry as it was, there was very little germination, even with a little rain last Saturday morning. They will grow now though. Not a good year for greens, but small grains like oats/wheat/rye will do well.

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
It's rained just enough here and heavy dews that everything came up good,turnips close to a foot high and good stand of oats and crimson.

Reactions: jug