Drivetrack 71

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Broke down and ordered a DT71 today. My buddies all swear by them for deer hunting and outside running in general. I've never personally hunted/ran with one for my own dogs but I'm looking forward to it. Dont lnow that i will use it much coon hunting but I do see it being a huge asset deer hunting. Any our dog men here on the forum using tje drive track ?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Liking the antenna Ive got so far. Not sure the brand or name but I can pick up dogs 2.25 miles with it.

I'm hunting on your old stomping grounds with Brown.
If you are happy that is what counts. I wouldn't be satisfied at all on relatively flat ground with 2.25 miles.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I use a drive track for back up, in case my tablet crashes. Funny thing is with the guys I have hunted around, the Drive Tracks crash more often. i have had a couple days I felt like throwing them both out the window and running over them. Glad I didn't. LOL I use a long range 48" whip with out the ground planers and get a about the distance you do. I don't plan on letting a hound get but so far out of "play" so I'm cool with that. I have heard the REACH was the on to get if I did go that route. Might have to try one just to see. I have gotten 12 miles on mine, but constant signal would be 2 miles or so.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I haven't had a Drive Track crash, but I keep it updated. Where I hunt which isn't all that far from Wildcat 4 miles is norm for constant signal. One other guy and I have all out dogs plugged in. We have tracked 8 miles but the stars have to line up just right for that. One thing that really helps is if you can get all members to sit down and get all your collar IDs figured out so they aren't interfering. It has been my observation that usually is like herding pigs for some reason.

gregor187

Six Pointer
Broke down and ordered a DT71 today. My buddies all swear by them for deer hunting and outside running in general. I've never personally hunted/ran with one for my own dogs but I'm looking forward to it. Dont lnow that i will use it much coon hunting but I do see it being a huge asset deer hunting. Any our dog men here on the forum using tje drive track ?

I love my drivetrack so well if it did everything the Alpha box did I would say heck with the Alpha,,,,,But I know folks who don't like them,,,,Only conn IMO is it shows dogs wider (left to right) farther (than top to bottom) in front of you or behind you. Because screen is wider than it is tall.

Last edited:

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
is if you can get all members to sit down and get all your collar IDs figured out so they aren't interfering. It has been my observation that usually is like herding pigs for some reason.

Lord I hate interference:mad: All our collars are fine, but the neighbors collars ain’t. Talk about a cluster when we’re running close to each other...

End up with 20 trucks in a field, doing the dog box shuffle after dark:LOL:

Reactions: DRS