Driftmaster Duo vs Flatliner

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
what are you fishing for? are your trolling or just using to hold rods?
i use scotts rod holders so a little different, but with trolling for crappie i keep the rods flat to the water or slightly down.
trolling for larger fish (trout, striper, walleye) i like the rod tips up higher, if im using planner boards i want the tips at different levels from each other.

23mako

Ten Pointer
Thanks Logan. Would mostly be used for bottom fishing and soaking bait I imagine. Good info on the crappie and trolling.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
I have a couple duos, just gives me options on whether im dragging for catfish on the bottom, or trolling off the beaches for kings and spanish. Certain baits i want the rod lower and vice versa.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Need to look at Fishbite rod holders.
He has several different types that he makes and they are better than any I have used.
The scotty look like crap after a few years in the weather and break easy.
The driftmasters I had were replaced with fishbite rod holders other than a few mounted to the dock.
Alan will make you any angle, single, duel, different colors.
All SS for Fishbite, my old driftmaster used zinc or something, both wingnut and hex for left hand rusted.
Fishbite can make left hand, right hand, post on left or right so they fit and look better mounted on racks or back of boat. Cheaper in cost, custom, bases, any post height you want. All mine are 1/2" from 2" post to 12"
Just good stuff. He also gets the angles correct if you want bases for track mount or gunnel is angled.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Years ago, around 15, I put the Driftmasters on my boat I think they are the 25* angle one. They have worked great. I use them for bottom fishing mostly both stationary and drifting. I have also used them trolling. I have used them with all types of rod and reel combos. What ever you get make sure they are stainless. Mine are stainless, don't even know if you can get the Driftmasters in SS any more. I think any of the above will be just fine, the angle is what you will have to decide on.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I like the duos but I have the regs and the santees. also my bases are right side and left side , one side being threaded backwards. if you have regular threaded bases and holders on both sides then when fishing behind the boat like I do and a cat/striper grabs your bait and puts a bend in the rod the rod holder can and will loosen (spin) no matter how tight you have that wingnut.
With reverse threaded ones on one side when they get pulled on hard they do not move and loosen up.