Drift/float hunting rivers/creeks?

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Nothing fancy, cost $204 at Academy. I like it a lot, but after taking it out a few times I’m a little leery about trying to shoot a 12ga from it. Not so much a safety standpoint, but an accuracy and “I don’t want to lose my paddle in the creek” standpoint
BE CAREFULL......
I bought a used Future Beach trophy 126 a couple years ago. Looked like this one. OD Greened the access covers. I'm 5'10" 210 lbs with neoprene waders it was a bear to get in and out of, to small of a cockpit opening.
I wrote about this before. I was on a small creek and rolled it shooting at 2 woodies.
I leaned instead of twisting. It was about 30° out that morning. Luckily I was only in about 3 ft of water( didnt know that before the role) and 15' ish from bank only thing I had tethered was the paddle. Shotgun went to bottom. I was soaked. I got to bank and drained everything of water. Went back out with a stick and found my shotgun. Finished the hunt that morning. I only got cold when I took waders of at boat ramp.

I would look up putting outriggers on a kayak.
I was going to but sold it and got me a Gheenoe.
93f30eb60bddbbe4d36ce27553e31317.jpg
e38e2f36f1435e3140b467c6b633c54f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
I tried a turkey chair in my M80 once. It sits a little higher. I pulled on a limb once to assist me getting through some stuff and nearly dunked it so I don’t use the turkey chair anymore.