Drama!!! F1 Finale

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Not gonna lie, I was so upset I didn't record the finale of the F1 season, given the top 2 drivers were tied in points going into the last race.

Thankfully, another broadcast happened when I got home.

It did NOT fail to disappoint drama wise!!

I will ALWAYS pull for a Dutch driver vs Mercedes and Brit!

Glad to be happy!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'm sorry, this level of "rival" most of us will never understand.

One would have to appreciate the World Cup along with the Daytona 500, and mash them all into the same pot.

It's neve going to happen here in the USA. Folks still think unc@Duke is some kind of rivalry. LOL

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I'm sorry, this level of "rival" most of us will never understand.

One would have to appreciate the World Cup along with the Daytona 500, and mash them all into the same pot.

It's neve going to happen here in the USA. Folks still think unc@Duke is some kind of rivalry. LOL
That Hamilton is on the verge of breaking Schumacher's record makes it all the more dramatic.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I thought the handling of the end of the race was quite a shambles.
Red flag would have been much more of a "race" at the end.

And the "Dutch" driver would've never seen the checkered flag had I been robbed that way. Especially after the mess he pulled throughout this season.

Word has it the FIA is gonna fine Sir Lewis Hamilton and Toto Wolff for not appearing at the awards banquet.
I think they can afford it. šŸ˜‰

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
It may be my old age showing but in all my years of following F1 I don't believe i have ever seen such a mess in my life. And much of the drama is being driven by social media. I sure do miss the days when it was run what you brung and they just got out there and raced. To me, this is all a distraction and taking away from the sport. And who really cares what Toto Wolff's wife thinks!

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Michael Masi shouldn't have ever been on the radio with Christian Horner when they were trying to clear the track. He also never should've told Horner via radio they wanted "race to the end, too".

'Course, moot point if a Mercedes' affiliate car hadn't spun out and slammed the wall.
But, I fully admit. I'm biased. I'm a Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton fan.
I also detest Max Verstappen and his constant breaking of F1's racing rules and never being penalized for it. Well, very rarely.

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'm not tooting my own whistle but I have served as race director on a couple of different road racing series and the fact that ANYONE can talk with the director on the radio is absurd. Sit up there for a race and see how hectic it can become and then envision betting chatter on the radio from team managers/principals and it all goes to crap. In both series I directed, all teams were required to monitor race control and were given special directions as necessary but no one had the capabilities to call the tower. I remember one race that I was not the chief official at that a disgruntal team owner/manager actually came up to the control room during the race and made a comment about the officiating. The result was, no comment other than "that's a $5K fine". Any interaction from anyone on the ground other than series officials should always take place after the race at the discretion of the race director. Some of these F1 team people think their britches are bigger than they really are and need to be reigned in.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
And protocol rules need to be followed. No "special occasion" crap to break rules to influence the outcome of the race.