Dr. information, Raleigh area..EmergeOrtho

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Stepdaughter, 23 years old, has been referred to this Dr. for likely surgery. Non-surgical treatment has become ineffective. L3,4 bulging disc with spinal stenosis. Problems with L5, but nothing like L3,4. Sounds like he is an orthopedic spine surgeon rather than a neurosurgeon? Anyone have experience, knowledge of this Dr. or the group?

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I saw a doctor at Emerge Ortho and my experience was ok. I don't know anything about Dr. Musante. My wife saw Dr. Peter Grossi at Duke Raleigh and he would be my first choice. He is a neurosurgeon and good at it.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks for the responses. As I said earlier, she is only 23. My wife thinks she injured her back in 8th grade cheer leading. She was on the bottom of the pyramid and has complained about the pain in the same area since.

witler

Eight Pointer
Dr. Musante is my back doctor. I have lower back issues, that are somewhat complicated. His decision for my situation was if I had surgery there is a 50% chance it would not be effective and 50% chance that I could come out paralyzed. My decision so far is to not have surgery. He referred me to a pain management doctor at EmergeOrtho.
I have been pleased with this decision.
I have also been to EmergeOrtho with a broken foot with pleasing results.
Sorry to carry on, I can not think of anything negative about EmergeOrtho.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Dr. Musante is my back doctor. I have lower back issues, that are somewhat complicated. His decision for my situation was if I had surgery there is a 50% chance it would not be effective and 50% chance that I could come out paralyzed. My decision so far is to not have surgery. He referred me to a pain management doctor at EmergeOrtho.
I have been pleased with this decision.
I have also been to EmergeOrtho with a broken foot with pleasing results.
Sorry to carry on, I can not think of anything negative about EmergeOrtho.

@witler "Sorry to carry on"...Hey, thanks for carrying on. That info is valuable. Sounds like a honorable/truthful/patient first oriented, etc surgeon. Hope your back problems get better!! I see a physiatrist..not psychiatrist, lol, for my back issues. Ablation about 2 weeks ago. Sometimes I think a root doctor is treating me. lol