doves

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
so the little "dove club" I am in normally cancels most every weekend due to "no birds" on our private ground,,,,heck, it's been so bad I haven't hunted with them but one or two times in the last two years,,,,,,,yesterday they sent an email that today was cancelled as well,,,,,typical,,,,,,

so Aggie and I went to a hunk of gamelands,,,,,,,oh my,,,,,,,

lets just say - I found the doves :cool:

of course I found where they wanted to be too late for today,,,,but guess where I will be the next time I have time off???

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Piles of doves and a couple of hunters makes for a great hunt. I walked thru the woods a couple days ago moving cameras around and stumbled on a few quail. Had not seen any in a couple of years. Use to be every spring a nice covey would come thru the edge of the woods.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
well FINALLY

been traveling too much,,,but went last Saturday adn someone beat me to it

went today,,,,seen 50+ doves and got a couple,,,most of the time was spent steadying Aggie - that dang dog has learned to watch for them anf differentuate between doves and blackbirds/etc,,,,so didn't get a chance at many due to keeping her butt on the ground,,,

tough trying to train and hunt solo - gonna take a stake out Monday and back at the same spot,,don't know why I didn't today, just forgetful