Doves so far

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Been a strange year at the house. Couldn’t hunt opening day (sept 1) due to minor ear surgery but got out the 2nd. Hunted 3 times. 10, 11 and finally a limit Saturday. All with the 410. The 11 bird hunt I should’ve killed a limit but the 410’s barrels must’ve been bent or warped in the heat because it surely wasn’t me...............
836EB789-DE90-4465-AD2C-7D2B6424CF45.jpeg11A7CF7C-FCD2-454A-BB39-94F4E208D29D.jpeg4BE240AF-275E-414F-A667-2B6FCC508B13.jpeg

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Pretty work with the .410! That's a challenge, I certainly couldn't do that well without my 12.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats. Nice helper with you. I would love to have a dog to fetch the doves. Where I hunted on opening day, the weeds were high. A guy next to me put a dove down in front of me. I directed him to the location where it fell. He couldn't find it. I went to help. I couldn't find it. Later he looked again without success. Then later on again, my hunting buddy came up to look. He finally saw some drops of blood and shortly after that, we found a wounded dove down in some thick weeds. That was approximately 3 hours after it was initially shot.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats. Nice helper with you. I would love to have a dog to fetch the doves. Where I hunted on opening day, the weeds were high. A guy next to me put a dove down in front of me. I directed him to the location where it fell. He couldn't find it. I went to help. I couldn't find it. Later he looked again without success. Then later on again, my hunting buddy came up to look. He finally saw some drops of blood and shortly after that, we found a wounded dove down in some thick weeds. That was approximately 3 hours after it was initially shot.

Yeah, my wife says I’m gonna be lost when she gets too old. I love that dog dearly. I wish she had a “doveometer” on her because good lord the birds she’s picked up. If it falls, she will find it. It’s almost like she’s picked up so many, she thinks like one. She’s 6. After hunting with her for so many years, I wouldn’t think of hunting without a dog. Yeah it’s great because they’ll find lost birds, but just watching her do it, is as much fun as shooting. I’ll be the first to say I despise Dove hunting with or around a dog that’s not trained, but hunting with one that knows the drill, is one of the finest things in the outdoors.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Awesome gun ya got there. Glad to see you’ve got 2 fine hunting partners with you as well. Thanks for sharing with us