Dove Recipes

nc35hunter

Four Pointer
Marinate bone-in breasts in mix of soy, teriyaki and Worcester (whatever you have around), splash of orange juice, black pepper, ginger and garlic for a couple of hours. Go easy on the spices.

Toothpick/skewer with 1/3 of a thin piece of bacon on each. If bacon is thick, birds will be over cooked before bacon is edible.

Pile a chimney of lit charcoal on one side of kettle grill. Optional; burn a couple smoke wood chunks (oak, cherry, pecan, etc) down to coals. Don’t want a lot of smoke on birds but the coals help flavor.

Cook birds on indirect side of covered grill until IT of 130-135. It won’t take long. Let rest for a few minutes before eating.

My kids love them this way.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer

I made this today with several breasts from the last few days, turned out fantastic. This will be my go-to for doves now

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Tipmeese (I reckon Justin's O button was broke?) and other whole bird cookers.

What about the gutting of the birds?

Thanks.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
What about the gutting of the birds?

what's the question? remove what's not wanted to eat,,,,

usually takes a finger sweep to pull the guts,,

for the extra squimish,,, cut the back to spatchcock the bird and remove intestines/blood etc

Johnnie

Ten Pointer
Personally,
I like to make fajitas with ducks and doves. Slice breast into 1/4" thick slivers, pick your seasoning, slice peppers and onions and roll.

Johnnie