Dove opener live

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Had an awesome shoot this morning and got the pup on her first hunt. She didn’t phenomenal in my opinion. Pics this evening

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
We had a good day, got to our permit hunt about 4:30, struggled to connect at first but were on ‘em at the end. Went home with 6

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
I was getting ready to shoot and a friend's son shot it. He asked if I was getting ready to shoot it and laughed. &$&^$!!!
Forgot to add...that is a $100 dove.
Sweet! I know of a cpl that's been killed but no reward bands. Curious how old he is and how far from band location he was killed, keep us updated

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We hunted 4 guns on our small field here at my place. No one limited out but it wasn't from lack of effort or shooting. Not a barn burner but not slow either. Not sure what the end result was, 6-7 a piece maybe???I hunted with two good buddies, one of which I've been friends with since kindergarten. An added bonus to a great morning was his young son carrying/shooting his own gun for first time. He did a great job, mature beyond his years and was top notch with his gun safety. Hope to squeeze one more shoot out of our field this year....

Last edited:

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
We hunted 4 guns on our small field here at my place. No one limited out but it wasn't from lack of effort or shooting. Not a barn burner but not slow either. Not sure what the end result was, 6-7 a piece maybe???I hunted with two good buddies, one of which I've been friends with since kindergarten. An added bonus to a great morning was his young son carrying/shooting his own gun for first time. He did a great job, mature beyond his years and was too notch with his gun safety. Hope to squeeze one more shoot out of our field this year....

That. Right there.
Makes a great dove hunt.

The only way it gets any better is to have that and one of those magical days when the birds yry to fly down your gun barrel.
Top notch.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
Looks more comfortable than my rig this morning. I think I had too much a$$ and not enough chair. I'm iffy on your beer choice but I do believe I could make it work, enjoy !
The chair fell apart in 30 mins POS but my beer choice is absolutely delicious and refreshing.

slugoo

Eight Pointer
I walked around with my dad. I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I took a hike with a gun. Saw a few, saw more on the drive in than while still hunting. I was too scared of my inexperience and the competition to join one of the designated "DOVE FIELDS" so I just hunted a clear-cut and then drove around finding where the pressure is and isn't. My dad messed around inside an abandoned fallen down shed and got stung by 2 wasps. That was the peak of the morning after I realized that he was laughing while bear crawling out of a crack in the wood. Went to academy and got 2 little chairs to sit in. I'll try to go back out on Monday. After all the shots I was hearing echo off the hills I would hope other people would have some luck. It was a good day overall.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
I walked around with my dad. I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I took a hike with a gun. Saw a few, saw more on the drive in than while still hunting. I was too scared of my inexperience and the competition to join one of the designated "DOVE FIELDS" so I just hunted a clear-cut and then drove around finding where the pressure is and isn't. My dad messed around inside an abandoned fallen down shed and got stung by 2 wasps. That was the peak of the morning after I realized that he was laughing while bear crawling out of a crack in the wood. Went to academy and got 2 little chairs to sit in. I'll try to go back out on Monday. After all the shots I was hearing echo off the hills I would hope other people would have some luck. It was a good day overall.
Hanging out near clear cut ain't bad idea especially say if pond near it just make sure if you hit one to mark where it drops they can be real hard to find in there

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m sitting out here this afternoon watching some boys shoot. I wish I had a gun because they are mostly just educating them.

I shot #15 this morning about 2 minutes before Mr. green britches rolled in. Apparently me cleaning up shell boxes and gear looked like me throwing doves in the woods. He found it hard to believe that it was “perfect timing“. I told him he could take my dog to help him look for all the birds I stashed.😆. They checked everybody but didn’t write any tickets. First time we’ve been visited here.

9A8A0973-285C-4F21-A1BC-36C3CC162D7F.jpeg

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
I’m sitting out here this afternoon watching some boys shoot. I wish I had a gun because they are mostly just educating them.

I shot #15 this morning about 2 minutes before Mr. green britches rolled in. Apparently me cleaning up shell boxes and gear looked like me throwing doves in the woods. He found it hard to believe that it was “perfect timing“. I told him he could take my dog to help him look for all the birds I stashed.😆. They checked everybody but didn’t write any tickets. First time we’ve been visited here.

View attachment 73437

Big grin!! Love it. Makes me think of going with my dad, uncle, cousins. Especially like the hearing protection!! Wish we had enough sense to use ear plugs...if they were even available back then.

.35Rem

Eight Pointer
Great day with daughter #2. Paid Hunt with Pink Hill Ruritan Club. Lotsa birds today, we only shot 5 each because we are lousy wing shooters 😜. Shotgun barrel got too hot to touch a few times today. Had a blast with her. Pic is her first dove.

Attachments

• 9A64DCD3-C124-4088-9ED0-6E76272F2257.jpeg
    9A64DCD3-C124-4088-9ED0-6E76272F2257.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 47