Dove Hunting - East of I-95

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Anybody have any leads on paid dove fields for those of us in the Eastern part of the state?
I've had really poor luck on public last two years (crowds and very few birds), so I'm looking to pay for a better chance at a limit. I'm in Rocky Mount, and will drive up to about an hour. I'll even look West of I-95 if the drive is t too bad and the price is right.

I don't have a lot of connections yet to find out by word of mouth, and stuff like this isn't usually posted well on the internet for one to find with Google...

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Let me check with my brother....our lease in Martin County has all corn planted. 75 acres worth. He mentioned something about putting on a couple of dove hunts, but I haven't talked to him about it since I had my hip surgery.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The Embro Hunt Club in Warren Co. used to do a dove hunt every year to raise money for the club. Not sure if they are still doing it or not.

Luv2Boutdoors!

Ten Pointer
Weeks farm in Dunn. I'm in Nashville/Wilson/Elm city border and took me an hour to get there. $20 buck/day or $40 for the season. LOTS of birds (and hunters, at least on the 1st day) They usually post an ad on craigslist for it. I've been looking on craigslist but haven't seen anything posted yet. Ill probably go again this year if they're having it.

pir8rn

Six Pointer
No luck so far. We did put in for a public permit draw hunt, so hopefully it won't be as crowded...

pir8rn

Six Pointer
We got drawn for Lower Roanoke permit hunt on Memorial Day, so here's to hoping we have some good weather and good luck.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We got drawn for Lower Roanoke permit hunt on Memorial Day, so here's to hoping we have some good weather and good luck.

We got messed up on our proposed hunt. Not picking the corn until late next week or the following week.