Doubled Up This Morning (Video)

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
Got this Doe, Kill, on video. Unfortunately, 15 minutes later, I had already packed up everything, and was about to get down. Took one last look around, caught movement, and another Deer, came in from the left. Didn't have time to glass the head, and ended up, shooting a Button Buck, that was probably 80-90 lbs. Biggest one I've ever seen. Oh well, it'll all taste like Sausage, in a few days.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Really one of my favorite videos because it reflects the most exciting hunts. Nothing tests the heart rate better than having to wait until the deer is cleared from another deer or positioned in the right stance before a shot can be made. Even more exciting when very close and several sets of eyes you have to avoid.
Congratulations and as previously stated nothing wrong with a button buck at all, its legal and IMO tastes a lot better than a stinky ole buck any day.

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
Really one of my favorite videos because it reflects the most exciting hunts. Nothing tests the heart rate better than having to wait until the deer is cleared from another deer or positioned in the right stance before a shot can be made. Even more exciting when very close and several sets of eyes you have to avoid.
Congratulations and as previously stated nothing wrong with a button buck at all, its legal and IMO tastes a lot better than a stinky ole buck any day.

Larry, had a"Closer" encounter, during Bow Season, back in October, with 2 decent Bucks, at 15 yds. Bucks walked out, broadside, but had 3 Does, to my right, at 15 yards or so, and couldn't move. Had plenty of Camera light, at that time. Does eased their way off into the edge of the Cutover, Bucks circled around, checked them out, then came back by me, at 20 yds. I could see them fine, but, by then, the camera light was too low. Well, I'm not making Videos for a living, so, the bigger of the 2 Bucks, got a Muzzy. Here's the video of that hunt, if you haven't seen it.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Highclimer: Been a rough couple of months and I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts/. Finally got around to checking more posts.

I again say these are the most exiting hunts possible and especially so after such a long suspense and then have things fall in place. Getting it all on film is icing on the cake. Congratulations on a very nice buck. And I really liked the part where you commented on being young like that once. I can say the same thing and thank goodness I have a much younger (20 years younger) little 6'2" 185 lbs brother and he has a couple of much, much younger friends. They make the hunt so much sweeter especially when it comes to dragging a big one out like that. I've grown to like that a lot more in the last couple of years. LOL.

I once tracked one for about a mile thru laurels, snow, some places, brush so thick a rabbit wouldn't attempt it, pine needles, a lot of the time on hands and knees and broom sage. My brother and one of those younger friends showed up and came to meet me. He walked up on the deer perhaps 50 yards beyond me and just over the ridge. He put a .22 between it's eyes and as I crossed the ridge he had a rope around the deer's neck and took off at most near a dead run dragging the deer. All I could do to keep in sight. as he went around those ridges as if he was out for a brisk stroll.

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
Highclimer: Been a rough couple of months and I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts/. Finally got around to checking more posts.

I again say these are the most exiting hunts possible and especially so after such a long suspense and then have things fall in place. Getting it all on film is icing on the cake. Congratulations on a very nice buck. And I really liked the part where you commented on being young like that once. I can say the same thing and thank goodness I have a much younger (20 years younger) little 6'2" 185 lbs brother and he has a couple of much, much younger friends. They make the hunt so much sweeter especially when it comes to dragging a big one out like that. I've grown to like that a lot more in the last couple of years. LOL.

I once tracked one for about a mile thru laurels, snow, some places, brush so thick a rabbit wouldn't attempt it, pine needles, a lot of the time on hands and knees and broom sage. My brother and one of those younger friends showed up and came to meet me. He walked up on the deer perhaps 50 yards beyond me and just over the ridge. He put a .22 between it's eyes and as I crossed the ridge he had a rope around the deer's neck and took off at most near a dead run dragging the deer. All I could do to keep in sight. as he went around those ridges as if he was out for a brisk stroll.

Understood Larry. This gettin old crap, ain't no fun.