Double Down

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
Havent posted in quite a long time,, life has just been busy...

Today was worthy of a post though I thought so here we go...

This morning I went back to the stand that I spent most of yesterday in, I've been getting pics of a good 10 here and he didnt show on Saturday and I was a bit concerned that he was picking up my wind and avoiding the stand. Those thoughts vanished at about 8:12 this morning and at 8:15 I pulled the trigger.... It took me a few moments to find blood because where I was is basically a swamp and THICK. Cell service is not good at all there but I had sent dad a text (who was in a stand about 400 yards away in the opposite direction the deer went) that I had shot and was having trouble finding blood. I'm not sure if he got my text before or after he shot, but while I'm looking for mine, I heard him shoot. I found mine in short order... 140" 10 point and drug it up to the road and went to meet up with him. we retrieved the 4 wheeler and loaded mine which later tipped the scales at a true 190lbs.... and then went to look for his.... we immediately found blood and his deer about 30 yards away... a 131" 8 point.

What a day and what a double. God blessed us this morning.

DSC00003.JPG

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Only downside is I’m tagged out. [emoji3] Not really I might get lucky with a bear I hear there are some in the neighborhood. Guess I have next week off though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Man, that is great. 2 fine bucks and a day to remember. Congrats to both of you.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Nice having you back again Dan. Not a bad thread to post to break you posting drought. Congrats to you and your dad.

Banjo

Old Mossy Horns
Couldn’t have happened to nicer guys. Congratulations on two beautiful bruisers!!!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Congrats to both of you. That's the way to break a posting drought! Great job!!!!

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
Two beautiful bucks. Congrats to the two of you. Certainly be a fond memory right there.

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
That's awesome....the father/son double! Both great bucks too.. Enjoy it to the fullest. Non-hunters wouldn't understand, but special times like these are precious and few in a hunter's life. Very happy for you both. Congrats!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very nice pair of bucks there fellers, and a very special morning that will be the subject of many a conversation.

hermiehunter

Four Pointer
Congrats on a special hunt! Glad to get to read another post from you Dan Apple!! I have always enjoyed following your stories and success!

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Heck of a day, always good to see a buck posted up by you two since you know it will be a good one! I guess you can say the Apple didn’t fall far from the tree...I’ll see myself out now ?