Double bbl. expert

dbcrowbar

Six Pointer
i have an old Rodgers Arms sxs, i can not find out anything about it. its a fairly modern gun has modern steel barrels. problem is the left side hammer spring is broke. would like to fix it up for a truck gun. who do u know that might have some info. have allready tried Numrich and they didn't know squat

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Man, I'd like to see a picture (or 7) of that shotgun

is it exposed hammers?

From my info, Rodgers Arms Company was a trade name used by the Hood Firearms Company on firearms made by them for someone else. Hood went out of business in the late 1800s

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
if not exposed hammer, what kind of hammer springs does it have? coil, leaf, other?

dbcrowbar

Six Pointer
no exposed hammers, and its a leaf spring. the old gun don't look like much, the thing (one barrel) shoots good

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
likely only bet then is to take out the good one, the parts of the other (assuming it broke) and either do a junk yard fix (from a similar gun) or have a smith make one

I fixed the firing pin spring on an old 310 double barrel back in the early 80s with the spring from a ball point pen,,,,worked great! though I wouldn't recommend it,,,,lawsuits you know,,,

leaf springs don't trend that way, but it can get fixed

dbcrowbar

Six Pointer
I found that but that's where the info. stopped. I really don't think its that old. have a couple pic's i can send by phone. still ain't figured out to post pic's

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Ask at JackFirstGun.com and gun-parts.com
the second is Bobs actually
We used to make those leaf springs from a pc of drill rod, cut lengthwise, but not completely in half, as a starting place
If ya get the dimensions off the GOOD spring BEFORE calling Bobs or Jacks it'd be helpful...using a caliper NOT tape measure.
Then they may be able to find one under a different name-maker.
IE, the ejector from a Marlin 336 is used in a Win model 12.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
strike 2 no luck at the 2nd. place :(. looks like may just b a wall hanger
If you want it fixed, take it to Chad at Club Custom Guns near Denton or meet me in Mocksville and I'll take it over there next week when I pass thru there.
He can handle the job for sure, he fixed an old {1906} SxS for me a few years back.
PM me for info or he is on the "net.