Dont waste your money!

I bought a new carb for my 92 yamaha timberwolf from amazon. Total piece of sheet. Dont waste you money with cheap sheet from amazon. I took the parts off it to replace what I needed on my old one. The new carb was junk.

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Dang man, sorry you had bad luck, I got an amazon carb and starter for a fourtrax 300 I was bringing back to life about 5 years ago and it still fires off on the first hit. Kinda like Russian roulette with the Chinese stuff I guess.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
bought multiple carbs off amazon. One for my Yamaha golf cart, one for my kids four wheeler, and one for my dads portable water pump. Other than just some tuning I've never had any trouble. You really need to pick one with the best reviews and I get the ones that are "Amazon choice" or "Amazon Prime". Sorry you had bad luck with yours

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I picked up one last year for my Honda that was a simple change out with absolutly no adjustments required. I was surprised at how easy it was. Oddly the year models before mine were in the $45-$50 range and the year models after mine were in the $50-$60 range but mine had to be special and cost me just over $100.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
OEM parts for ATV's are hard to come by. My Honda ATV has been sitting in the shop for 6 weeks now. I went with full intent to pick mine up yesterday, thinking the shop was giving me the run around. Service manager called me back and explained that he had ordered the needed parts (carb float and jets) for my ATV, but due to the virus, nearly all original parts are on back order. Since my parts had been ordered, I figured it best to stick with this shop rather than start the process all over at another one.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Knock on wood.
So far every carb we’ve ordered from Amazon has performed as expected.
Everything from Kawasaki Mules, Bayous, and Praries to old B&S motors on pumps.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
I've bought several carbs from Amazon for various pieces of equipment (dirt bike, generator, mower, trimmer, etc). All have been fine with no issues.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Needed a new carb for my lawnmower. Mexhanic said we could use OEM Kawasaki at $200 or cheapo Chinese off Amazon. If going cheapo he’d order 3 to get one that would probably work. Went with OEM.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
same with carb for Echo string trimmer...1st two no good, mechanic ordered 3rd one from his China source and it's running fine.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Similar stories about carb parts. I picked up a gasket and jet for a Nikki carb recently which I felt were terribly overpriced but mechanic said the Chinese stuff was a crap shoot amd could take several to get a good one.

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
I bought one off amazon for my Polaris 500 wouldn’t run worth crap, I took it off and threw it hard as I could at a tree, felt pretty good at the time.