Don't see this every day

genbud78

Ten Pointer
Doe walked by me at about 10 yards this morning. Was going to shoot her but she had on an orange dog collar. Didn't see any transmitter like a wildlife collar, just a flat orange collar. Was told a fella near my lease has been fined in the past for keeping wild deer so assume it's one of his. Not sure it'll get a pass if I see it again. Big ole girl.

Attachments

• 20221117_083100.jpg
    20221117_083100.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 290

Scrub

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Had an old lady once called my cousin and asked if he’d put a orange collar on a little buck he would walk to her house and the church up the road. We went over there and he’s on the front porch. She fed him apples all summer. Put the collar on and about a week later somebody shot it threw the collar in the ditch near her house. Me personally I wouldn’t shoot it.

LDG

Twelve Pointer
Was met by her when I got to Oklahoma Monday. Yesterday while hunting about 300 yards from the house, she came to eat with her twins. No way I would shoot her. This time of year, she's good buck bait.

Attachments

• 20221114_114855.jpg
    20221114_114855.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 20221116_154849.jpg
    20221116_154849.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 127

timber

Twelve Pointer
This time of year wouldn’t shoot her collar or no collar. Wouldn’t shoot one with collar at anytime. Have known a few over the years that had them as pets walking around the yard. But some people have no problem shooting somebody’s dog with a collar so shooting a deer wearing orange collar probably no big deal

If she was a big girl she would be in my freezer. Its actually illegal to collar and have "pet deer". You are doing a disservice to the animal by getting it use to humans. Its not your friggin pet.

genbud78

Ten Pointer
She was pretty skittish when she came through. Only thing with her was a slightly smaller doe that took a path just a hair further from the stand. That one is in my freezer now bc she ate a 45 round. Couldn't pass up a 22 yard shot with my pistol..ha

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve had buddies who raised them and put collars on’em. Legal or not. Don’t really care.
I do know I’d never shoot one with a collar. Just couldn’t do it after seeing how happy they made people and kids. I don’t really see how anyone could do it. I guess if you suck at deer hunting so bad you feel like your only kill has to be a deer with a collar, you should take up fishing.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I’ve had buddies who raised them and put collars on’em. Legal or not. Don’t really care.
I do know I’d never shoot one with a collar. Just couldn’t do it after seeing how happy they made people and kids. I don’t really see how anyone could do it. I guess if you suck at deer hunting so bad you feel like your only kill has to be a deer with a collar, you should take up fishing.
To do it properly ya gotta raise them deer up on good quality East Tennessee non gmo popcorn mixed with quail embryo

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Guy down the road collared a knot head one summer after his momma got hit by a car… soon as he got to be a 10” 6pt he got shot…. that’s Cabarrus Co. for ya!

Why do you put collars on fish too?