Don't drink and Derive, Integrate, or surf Gun Broker

v8stang289

Twelve Pointer
Couple weeks ago I was sipping on some bourbon and surfing gunbroker, and came across something I'd been after for a while.
Way back when I was 16, I shot my first 1911. A blued Kimber Gold Match that belonged to my best friends dad. I was instantly in love.
Since then I've wanted a Gold Match of my own. Thanks to the convenience of Gunbroker and James Beauregard Beam loosening my wallet a bit, I finally have one.

It's a very clean gun that looks and shoots awesome.
Series 1, looks to be 1999 manufacture date, and came with the original box. Super clean and trigger breaks cleanly at 3lbs.
I ran a few mags through it last weekend at 15, 25 and 50 yards. My no-shooting self kept all the rounds in the black on a 50ft pistol target at 25, and was ringing the 10x18 steel easily at 50. This gun makes even me look good.
Can't wait to put some more rounds downrange. It is my new favorite pistol.
Finally got one of my grail guns.

gm1.jpggm2.jpg

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Kind of reminds me of my Dad’s first experience with GunBroker…. Minus the bourbon.

He had asked me to be on the lookout for a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter Bisley. I asked him if he had checked GunBroker. He asked me where they were located…lol. After I explained what GunBroker is and showed him the website I left him with it. A few weeks later I stopped by and he told me he had stayed up til 1 in the morning looking at stuff on there. This is a man that’s in the bed sawing logs by 9:00 EVERY night. He ended buying 3 guns(none of which were a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter Bisley), a stock and some parts. He spent like $3K in a matter of a few hours…lol.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
One of these days I'm going to get a desert eagle in 357 and a 22-250. After that...maybe a shotgun for the boy's college graduation.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Congratulations
I have several Kimbers.
Drank the koolaid when they first come out and they just sit in the safe.
Like the old Military guns better.