Don't buy it!

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
That is the Federal High Density leadfree 00 buckshot. That is if you thought it was heavier, hence more dense than lead. It is not. It advertises 18 g/cc, it calculates out to 8.49 g/cc for both new and shot, shot. I did the same with lead buckshot and came up with 11.99 g/cc dang close to pure lead, that has a density of 11.29 g/cc. My calipers and scale may not be the best, but that is darn close. I'm very disappointed and will be contacting Federal.
Pics: 1st is a recovered high density 00 buck , diameter .325"

2nd is a lead 00 buck shot, diameter .330"

3rd is an unshot high density 00 buckshot, diameter .325".

Weight is in grams, yes there is a decimal. LOLIMG_20210807_214025974.jpgIMG_20210807_214055124.jpgIMG_20210807_215848239.jpg

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
dang,,, explains why they shipped me what they shipped me,,,,

may complain as well,,,

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
8 instead of 18.

Check the fine print and see if they are not responsible for claims due to typos. :unsure: :rolleyes:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I guess we will see how Federal will respond.

On another note, I was wondering how a full load of heavier than lead, traveling at 1600 fps would produce moderate recoil. Should have known, to good to be true.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I guess we will see how Federal will respond.

On another note, I was wondering how a full load of heavier than lead, traveling at 1600 fps would produce moderate recoil. Should have known, to good to be true.

yeah,,, but hey,,, it's ammo!! I'll use them on coyotes and such,,,

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Well, I did finally find a load my Stevens model 311 liked. Might still have to blister a deer or yote with that. Better yet one of those coywolves.