Don’t get no better than this,,,,

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Heck, i ain't too proud to catch em. Good fishin is where ya find it.

He knows I’m messing with him. We’ve talked trout before a few times. I just always got a kick out of the Orvis dude with the buggy whip on the same stretch of stream as me and my shorts and old tennis shoes.... I’ll be wearing them sticker fish out on spinning gear and he’a trying to pretend they’re wild, spooky 4500ft elevation specks....

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
used to save up and smoke them. makes a great dip mixed with a little cream cheese and sour cream.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
He knows I’m messing with him. We’ve talked trout before a few times. I just always got a kick out of the Orvis dude with the buggy whip on the same stretch of stream as me and my shorts and old tennis shoes.... I’ll be wearing them sticker fish out on spinning gear and he’a trying to pretend they’re wild, spooky 4500ft elevation specks....
My favorite is when those elite fly fisherman won’t even speak to me! Or better yet when they ask “when are you going to get a real fishing rod?” While I am wearing the trout out and they have caught nothing

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve been blessed to fish Blue ribbon streams in Saratoga , WY for wild trout! They were much harder to catch BUT far more tastier than stockers.

But I’m an opportunist and don’t discriminate

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That sums it up for me I look like bum strolled out of the hollar compared to those guys

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
They stocking some today and tomorrow I know where I'll be instead of deer hunting this wknd. And yes woodmoose thanks WRC winter trout fishing reminds me of my youth this trout fishing in summer I had get used to when moved NC.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
That sums it up right there.... “trout, so easy a caveman could catch them”....

Can’t believe no one has mentioned the best use for a rainbow or brown. Stick a 6/0 hook through its back and chunk that sucker in some tail water for stripers. 😂😂
I’ll eat every Brookie anybody will bring me but y’all can have those “bows and browns”...........

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
My favorite is when those elite fly fisherman won’t even speak to me! Or better yet when they ask “when are you going to get a real fishing rod?” While I am wearing the trout out and they have caught nothing

I won’t go into details but it’s even better when you use parts of their rig in different ways. Then they want to throw rocks at you or give you the glare. Lol I catch them how they’ll bite not how I want them to bite.

I haunt a few local fly fishing forums just to get river info up here in PA. Temp, flow, whatever. I always get a kick out of the posts whining about CP guys. Usually go like this “I had a pristine part of unspoiled water all to myself when out of nowhere a giant bobber(float in CP terms) comes floating around the bend. I had to laugh at some smuck having lost that monstrosity. Then I see 200 yards of line following it and realize it’s still attach and the guy just drifted right through my pristine spot” Lol I’m putting effort into CP fishing this coming year. When everyone opposed to it calls it “cheating” you know it’s good.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Almost as good, My brother moves here this spring. I get him out to my favorite tiny creek that gets a few hundred 14-20” fish put in. This year no ones working and it’s packed at the usual two or three slow moving holes. I avoid those because everyone pulls up and fishes them. They don’t want to walk the nice paved path or fight the log Jams and fast water I like to fish.

This bank of guys made a comment we’d better both be using a stringer that had 9 fish or so on it. Limits 7 and I almost never keep any. My brother was eating them so we kept some. I ignored the obnoxious commentor but it didn’t quite sit right. My brother had only been fishing with me in PA a month and knew what I was going to do when I unslung my fishing rod pack.

I walked past the group of “lake” fisherman to the little overflow downstream. Talking within elbow room of these guys. I flung my unconventional rig to the far edge and just as it drifted into 2”riffles on the bottom edge but before their sneers got any bigger I hooked a 16” tiger trout. I quickly landed it while slack jaw and his buddies looked stunned. Showed it to my brother who loudly commented “nice one”, then released it and walked off.

As we walked up to the parking area he told me I earned A-hole of the year for that one LoL. Probably should’ve took the high ground but I couldn’t resist.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Stringer full a different day/place. Threw back 30ish that day including a 19” Brookie.

Attachments

• 6338FFBB-DD97-4B59-ADB6-EAA5D9BA6BEA.jpeg
    6338FFBB-DD97-4B59-ADB6-EAA5D9BA6BEA.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 622B5193-FBA0-4D5A-A240-997B36641A98.jpeg
    622B5193-FBA0-4D5A-A240-997B36641A98.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 538FEE14-59AD-4CD2-BBB4-B4ABDD89D95F.jpeg
    538FEE14-59AD-4CD2-BBB4-B4ABDD89D95F.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 15

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I like wild trout just the same

Attachments

• 2018498A-F060-436D-ACA7-97A792ECCDCF.jpeg
    2018498A-F060-436D-ACA7-97A792ECCDCF.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 13
  • C6E5B570-9BBE-499C-AB73-EDA07B3E9F44.jpeg
    C6E5B570-9BBE-499C-AB73-EDA07B3E9F44.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 4711D92C-94A0-429B-BD8A-F4D531E2C1E0.jpeg
    4711D92C-94A0-429B-BD8A-F4D531E2C1E0.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 16
  • E51F5896-6DBD-4A53-A8C8-A8A0D527CED7.jpeg
    E51F5896-6DBD-4A53-A8C8-A8A0D527CED7.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 15

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I won’t go into details but it’s even better when you use parts of their rig in different ways. Then they want to throw rocks at you or give you the glare. Lol I catch them how they’ll bite not how I want them to bite.

I haunt a few local fly fishing forums just to get river info up here in PA. Temp, flow, whatever. I always get a kick out of the posts whining about CP guys. Usually go like this “I had a pristine part of unspoiled water all to myself when out of nowhere a giant bobber(float in CP terms) comes floating around the bend. I had to laugh at some smuck having lost that monstrosity. Then I see 200 yards of line following it and realize it’s still attach and the guy just drifted right through my pristine spot” Lol I’m putting effort into CP fishing this coming year. When everyone opposed to it calls it “cheating” you know it’s good.
I use a Trout magnet float (basically a strike indicator in fly fishing) and either a PB Worm or a San Juan work with a split shot 90% of time

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I’ll never forget years ago we were shocking Johnathan’s creek. We put a small boat in for a IBI (index of biotic integrity). While we were putting the boat in, two guys in a jeep with their fly rods strapped down on top stepped out looking like they’d just stepped out of a orvis catalog. Those guys stood there and watched us shock the entire time. When we finished, we brought all the coolers back up to weigh, ID and measure every fish. We had hundreds of trout and several darters, stone rollers etc.....we also had two smallmouth about 10”. They walked over and asked us where we got the smallmouth from. I said right here. They said “we’ve fished this section for 20 years and never caught a smallmouth”. I said “just because you don’t catch’em it don’t mean there not in here” because I kinda thought they were joking. They were not. They got upset because they said we had planted them in the creek to shock up. Those two dumbasses literally watched us unload the boat, fill the empty coolers with water and shock from start to finish. But yet they could not fathom we got those small mouths out of there.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Can’t believe no one has mentioned the best use for a rainbow or brown. Stick a 6/0 hook through its back and chunk that sucker in some tail water for stripers. 😂😂
I’ll eat every Brookie anybody will bring me but y’all can have those “bows and browns”...........
Or flathead, they love 'em.