Dominican republic

duck1996

Button Buck
Anyone ever been deep sea fishing in the Dominican republic? I've got a honeymoon coming up in September here and we have decided we would like to go. Looking online it seems there are quite a few options, but figured first hand experience from you guys is better than a Google review.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Years ago booked through the resort, did catch a couple of fish, but would look hard if i was going to do it again vs booking through the resort services. Think there were 6 of us from different resorts, they are about putting the numbers of people through

Roanoke

Eight Pointer
Wrong time of year to offshore fish the DR unless you are going inshore for bonefish. Jan, Feb and March is when the billfish bite is on. There are a couple of NC charter boats that run out of there in the spring.

duck1996

Button Buck
Wrong time of year to offshore fish the DR unless you are going inshore for bonefish. Jan, Feb and March is when the billfish bite is on. There are a couple of NC charter boats that run out of there in the spring.
Well, not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but I appreciate it. Probably still gonna book a trip out, just to say I've done it, but I'll definitely keep my expectations in check.

duck1996

Button Buck
Years ago booked through the resort, did catch a couple of fish, but would look hard if i was going to do it again vs booking through the resort services. Think there were 6 of us from different resorts, they are about putting the numbers of people through
This is kinda what I assumed. Being a tourist destination I figured people took advantage of that.

SM270

Ten Pointer
Was down in June a few years back and the locals were hammering Wahoo and Mahi. Some very nice fish. They even cut them up for us right there on the beach and let us eat.