Dog clubs

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
Any dog clubs looking members for 2022? Can be anywhere in eastern NC dont care about the drive, but prefer to get up around roanoke rapids if i can. Got a truck radio & tracking equipment no dogs yet but i hope to have some ready for the coming season. Got a buddy looking to join with me that has 3 dogs. Also not picky if it has still hunting too looking somewhere i can do that also

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It most likely will be a two year process. If they don’t know you most likely they are going to require you to attend as a guest some the first year to see if you fit in. If so you will be good to go.

Since I have dealt with you a couple times I know a couple guys that hunt in Warren County. I’ll get with them and see if they are taking any members and get back to you.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
You shouldnt have a problem finding a dog club around here.
Keep your eye on craigslist and Facebook if your on there.
Community hunt club and Faisons over in Northampton County usually has openings.

bertienchunter

Twelve Pointer
There are many clubs west of 95. Shouldn't have any trouble. Get you some references from fellow hunters to show potential clubs.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
There having another meeting about dog hunting here in Halifax Co.
I doubt it becomes illegal but I would at least wait until that meeting is over.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
My understanding is they sent it to Raleigh to let them know the agenda. Sounds like they want to see state legislation similar to what they(Halifax Commissioners) drafted in 2020. Lots of BS in the article, such as the need for state laws because LE has trouble enforcing county laws because they might be different. Permits based on a compliant system, are you kidding me, maybe on a LE variified citation and well documented. Quite frankly, if current laws were enforced this conversation would not be happening.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anytime YouTube is mentioned on this forum I can’t help but think about you and @Justin ‘s hilarious comments whenever that one dude would post YouTube (or as you’d say “yewwwwtoob) videos in the fishing forum
I hate ewwwwwtube, mainly because of a few folks. I recon their parents must have told them they could grow up to be anything they wanted to be and they are still trying.

RJ1

Ten Pointer
Yep, and the bad thing some of the worst plaster it on YouTube for all the world to see.

4 of the 5 clubs I belong to have recently put it in their by-laws that videos shot on the club and posted to You Tube will cost you your membership. One of my big rules is that if you bear hunt with me and post anything to Facebook,You Tube or any other public web site about who you hunted with and where you hunted that will be the last time you hunt we me.

Last edited:

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
Still looking for a still/dog hunt or just a dog hunt club i can join or try out this year. Anybody know of anything im all ears. Prefer to stay east of 95