Dog box

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Started a new dog box today. My time has just about passed. I shake so bad I spend more time grinding tungsten where I either touch it to the work or hit it with the filler rod so I am the designated fitter now. The boy that we build them together can weld much better than I could when I was steady and is so much faster. I may tack something here and there or plug along if he isn't here but my TIG days are about gone.

Got most of the framework and the dry storage done today. All downhill from here. DB.jpg

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Another long day, basically finished. Have the tailgate protector to put on so the dogs don't get their feet in the crack between the tailgate and the bed, lights to wire and some of the track didn't come in for the tinted polycarbonate that I put in during cold weather to plug up the vents and keep them warmer but that won't take a couple hours total. It will take a lot longer than that to clean up the shop. DBI.jpgDBII.jpgDBIV.jpgDBIII.jpg

Redheadduck

Eight Pointer
Good looking box. I like the cooler rack on the drivers side. Built one for mine and welded it in on the passenger side, towards the tool box. Makes backing up interesting sometimes😂

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good looking box. I like the cooler rack on the drivers side. Built one for mine and welded it in on the passenger side, towards the tool box. Makes backing up interesting sometimes😂
Well after matching Us in my bumper from trees last year that I had to straighten out after the end of the season mine now has a backup camera on it with proximity alarms. Backing up isn't near as bad. LOL

I am just glad I pretty much have a set in stone policy that if the truck moves the tailgate is up or I would have demolished two tailgates. LOL

rodman

Ten Pointer
Well after matching Us in my bumper from trees last year that I had to straighten out after the end of the season mine now has a backup camera on it with proximity alarms. Backing up isn't near as bad. LOL

I am just glad I pretty much have a set in stone policy that if the truck moves the tailgate is up or I would have demolished two tailgates. LOL
I set that policy years ago when my dogs got the door open on their own. Luckily nobody got hurt in the process

DRS

Old Mossy Horns

My policy too, except when I forget. I have torn up a few tailgates. :eek: