Does this happen to anyone else?

creekhobo

Ten Pointer
1640187563990.png

I haven't posted in this thread. :rolleyes:

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Happened to me often up until the latest major software update...then I haven't noticed it since

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Sometime. Not often. I just checked and it says I had a post on this classified ad, but I do not. I hadn’t even looked at it until I saw the little circle.

Attachments

• FAC1F233-CE8C-4326-921A-5A784D6C4707.jpeg
    FAC1F233-CE8C-4326-921A-5A784D6C4707.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 17

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I see the same thing telling me I posted in a thread that I have not posted in. Happens 1-3 times a week.

<>< Fish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
What device / web browser are you all using that tells you that info? I never see a popup/alert like that

do you see it for threads that you actually did post in?

flathead977

Ten Pointer
What device / web browser are you all using that tells you that info? I never see a popup/alert like that

I see it on my iPhone and a chrome book. I just see the little circle like in the above picture. I don’t think I have ever gotten the pop up like in creekhobo’s picture.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns

Android devices by Samsung & Motorola plus a Dell laptop.

<>< Fish

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I see it on my iPhone and a chrome book. I just see the little circle like in the above picture. I don’t think I have ever gotten the pop up like in creekhobo’s picture.
All we have to do is place our cursor on our Avatar symbol that's attached to the OP's Avatar...and a text line pops up telling us how many times we've posted in that thread.

Creek did that so he could take a screenshot for purposes of explaining in his OP posting.

Last edited:

flathead977

Ten Pointer
All we have to do is place our cursor on our Avatar symbol that's attached to the OP's Avatar...and a text line pops up telling us how many times we've posted in that thread.

Creek did that so he could take a screenshot for purposes of explaining in his OP posting.
I kinda assumed that, but no cursor on the iphone, and I usually flip the Chromebook over and use like a tablet and no cursor again. I guess I worded my reply wrong.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

IPhone / iOS / Safari
Lenovo Thinkpad / Windows10 / Firefox

Yes, saw it as it should be in threads I posted in. But the oddity was my Avatar sporadically showed up in threads I had not posted in.

And more strange was where my Avatar appeared on one of those threads requiring pre-approval like dog hunting or something and I had never even asked for approval, much less posted there.

But as I mentioned, there was the recent major NCHF software upgrade and ‘poof’, my situation cleared up.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I can rebuild the post cache and thread cache and see if it goes away. Its likely due to a bug in xenforo.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I'm still seeing threads with my icon/avatar showing next to them saying I have posted in threads that I have not posted in.

<>< Fish

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Still happeneing....over and over and over and over. The latest one is the 1800 flowers rant thread.

<>< Fish

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
I had an odd occurrence of getting up here one day and for some reason I noticed that @NCST8GUY was on my ignore list. There are a few I had considered but nobody has ever bothered me enough to put them on that list. Don’t know how it happened but I took him off my ignore list!