Does this burn you up like it does me?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Protesters outside of an ICE facility in Aurora, Colorado take down our flag and raise the flag of Mexico? At a government facility on US soil in broad daylight?

Then the stars and stripes is returned to it's place under the cover of darkness?

I'm glad I wasn't there. I let most things roll off without sweating it, even the crazy stuff, but there's something about that story that burns me up. I can't believe there's not enough red-blooded Americans left in this country or even in our LE to keep this kind of crap from happening. From the context, it sounds like the police stood by and let it happen, and then congratulated themselves on witnessing the "best of Aurora". SMH...

After the lawless riots and protests we've seen over the past few years, is there nothing that is over the line for a group of "protesters"? What will it take for LE to stop watching from the sidelines and take action? How far is this going to go?

I never thought I'd see the day when a U.S. government LE facility would allow the flag of the United States of America to be taken down and the flag of Mexico raised in its place.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Protesters outside of an ICE facility in Aurora, Colorado take down our flag and raise the flag of Mexico? At a government facility on US soil in broad daylight?

Then the stars and stripes is returned to it's place under the cover of darkness?

I'm glad I wasn't there. I let most things roll off without sweating it, even the crazy stuff, but there's something about that story that burns me up. I can't believe there's not enough red-blooded Americans left in this country or even in our LE to keep this kind of crap from happening. From the context, it sounds like the police stood by and let it happen, and then congratulated themselves on witnessing the "best of Aurora". SMH...

After the lawless riots and protests we've seen over the past few years, is there nothing that is over the line for a group of "protesters"? What will it take for LE to stop watching from the sidelines and take action? How far is this going to go?

I never thought I'd see the day when a U.S. government LE facility would allow the flag of the United States of America to be taken down and the flag of Mexico raised in its place.
Completely agree...
And I believe there has to be some big money behind all this...driving a strategy, paying somebody to get agitators into these gatherings, etc.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Me either. When I first went to work for the federal govt. the absolute last place you wanted to get caught without an official purpose was on that property. Times have sure changed and not for the good.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
When you start doing crap like that it’s no longer a peaceful protest. If you are there you are guilty. Round them up and send them back with the illegals. They love them so much leave with them. It’s amazing what LEOs state and federal have to put up with.

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This isn't excusing the behavior, but there might be an explanation. Those protestors, or rather, the ones bankrolling them, wanted a riot. If it had gotten violent and out of hand, and they could get some poor "undocumented worker" with a bloody nose on camera, that would have been jackpot for their cause. As it was, we got to see what they really want--a Mexican invasion. And the American flag is back in its rightful place after a few hours.

I have a buddy who's passionately allegiant to our Southern heritage and as patriotic as anyone on this board, and a damn good cop. He felt that the police did the right thing when they didn't intervene to save Silent Sam. The officers on the scene are trained to de-escalate the situation on the ground, and let the politicians figure out the long term stuff. I disagreed with him at the time, but I think I can at least understand his thinking. Maybe that's what they were doing in Colorado. I agree it's shameful and I fear for the future of our country.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Since the inauguration of President Donald Trump, nothing the democrats do surprises me. This has to be a ploy to set him up for failure. Whatever response he gives, will not be enough. That response will be used to base rallies against him. Not to better the country, only to beat him.

This is a political trap.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Nope, doesn't surprise me, when they let them take down the Confederate Soldier in Durham and then Silent Sam with no real repercussions then they opened the door to this kind of thing...No respect for the Government, law officers or our flag...

These kids have no clue how bad race relations were in the '60s and '70s...We have come a long way, the only way to progress further is respect for each other...Destroying public property and disrespecting our flag is not the way to gain the respect of those who do love our country...

We took Texas by sending so many settlers that we finally imposed our will....History is repeating itself...

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
My neighbor and I were discussing this the other day. He said "Until the bodies start stacking up, they'll keep coming". Legal American bodies have been stacking up for years because of illegals. It makes the news for a day and is forgotten. Defending our boarder with lethal force is the only way to stop this envasion.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
More Republicans in positions of authority, and Law Enforcement who care, need to stand up to this crap like Governor Greg Abbot of Texas just did:
COPIED TEXT:

"Governor Gregg Abbott is pissed!
< snip >
Democrats erected a Mexican flag on Saturday at the ICE facility Colorado and Governor Greg Abbott of Texas dares AOC supporters to pull the same stunt in his state."

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
While I disagree that these protests are conspiracies bankrolled by some wealthy democrats, I think anyone involved in this kind of protest should be arrested and charged with every thing they can think of. I doubt that the protesters themselves are even registered to vote. I have friends in LE and what I always say is if I wasn't there seeing and feeling everything for myself I will not judge their actions, period. I WISH they could've cracked a few skulls, figuratively speaking of course, and stopped it from happening. Statues of anybody don't mean much to me, but the flag is another thing altogether.

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Remember Kent State? Personally I would love to see an old fashioned beat down with batons, shotguns and police dogs attacking these “protestors”... maybe knock some sense into them.
I remember Kent State and there were no winners there that day. By all means use tear gas or pepper spray, batons, even rubber bullets or bean bag guns and tasers but as much as I respect the flag disrespecting it shouldn't get the death penalty.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
They need a good old fashion @** kicking. Of course if that were to happen the party administering that justice will be branded racist/facist etc., etc.

Disgusting.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Another example of hiding behind the 1st amendment. Colorado won't arrest or prosecute anyone that California wouldn't, that state's big money has ruined it.
This is an outrage, a law enforcement building allowing such activities. The mayor, sheriff and police chief need to be fired , tarred and feathered and ridden from town on a rail.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can maybe understand not "giving them what they wanted" by a direct confrontation, but if I were an officer on the scene, I'd have made darned sure to get the license tag on any involved in taking the flag. I'd have then knocked on their door later that evening and had the hand cuffs dangling in front of their face when they opened the door!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a buddy who's passionately allegiant to our Southern heritage and as patriotic as anyone on this board, and a damn good cop. He felt that the police did the right thing when they didn't intervene to save Silent Sam. The officers on the scene are trained to de-escalate the situation on the ground, and let the politicians figure out the long term stuff. I disagreed with him at the time, but I think I can at least understand his thinking. Maybe that's what they were doing in Colorado. I agree it's shameful and I fear for the future of our country.

I understand that point of view, but I believe that's operating from a position of weakness. And that is what has gotten us in this mess. You get what you tolerate. "Protesters" have learned that if they gather at least a few dozen people, they can commit all manner of lawless acts, without repercussion, and IF charges are brought at all, they will be dropped later by a sympathetic DA.

Frankly, that's bull. Time and again, LE has played this off as the smart move even when it's committed on their front lawn!. It may be in the short term, but it's very much like negotiating with terrorists - you lose in the end. And the police chief had the audacity to say that they had witnessed Aurora's best that day...

There's got to be a point where the American people call the bluff. I'd have lost my job that day. And frankly, if I was LE on the scene and told to stand there and watch that, I wouldn't want to keep my job any longer.

Wv67

Ten Pointer
That flag should never come down on this soil , call me racist it don’t bother me not one bit I know what I stand for burn em up knocked down beat the Jesus out of em but that flag flys no ifs and or buts about it

Last edited:

Tallpine89

Four Pointer
Many men died on foreign soil and many died making sure that flag was flown to honor the USA. It should never be disrespected on her home soil and certainly not removed and a Mexican flag flown in it's place on government property for one second. I agree we have become too tolerant of these acts. The more we keep tolerating the worse this mess is going to get, heck the USA women's soccer team just did it on a public stage in front of the world like a bunch of idiots.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Many men died on foreign soil and many died making sure that flag was flown to honor the USA. It should never be disrespected on her home soil and certainly not removed and a Mexican flag flown in it's place on government property for one second. I agree we have become too tolerant of these acts. The more we keep tolerating the worse this mess is going to get, heck the USA women's soccer team just did it on a public stage in front of the world like a bunch of idiots.

Perfect damned post!!!

chef

Ten Pointer
Here Come The Armed Assaults!
[Comments enabled]
And it's not the right-wingnuts doing it either.
It's the "Antifa" left wingnuts:
69-year-old Willem Van Spronsen was shot dead by police after he threw Molotov cocktails at the building and nearby cars on Saturday morning.
According to his manifesto, a copy of which was obtained by Jack Posobiec, Van Spronsen was armed with an AR-15 and stated, “I am Antifa”.
The Antifa gun club he was apparently affiliated with in some way locked their account.
Yeah.
So now we have an actual attempted firebombing and, it appears, along with it a threat to commit a mass-shooting. The assaulting party was shot dead after tossing incendiary devices at the center.
There are varying reports of exactly what they were; this article says "Molotov cocktails" but I have also read reports that they were road flares. The latter, especially if combined with flammable liquids are nasty as road flares are full of magnesium which burns extremely hot and will go right through many containers (e.g. of propane) with the obvious expected set of results.
Where is the declaration of these organizations as official organs of terrorism and why isn't AOC, among others, held accountable for radicalizing these clowns?
PS: Yes, I know, it's PJW writing this. Buuuuuttttt Jack Posobiec appears to have the actual manifesto, so..... yeah. Blind squirrels and all that.

folks, this is way more than flags

UpATree

Ten Pointer
Contributor
There's got to be a point where the American people call the bluff.

It's the American people that are the problem, at least, a substantial number of them. Just in the past few years, the Americans that support this invasion has gone from the lunatic fringe to substantial numbers. The Democrats want it because every one of the invaders is a new Democrat voter that wants the free stuff, and they breed like rabbits. Texas has gone from a reliably Republican state to wobbly in just a decade because of the invasion. And also because Californians have ruined their state and are heading to Texas, bringing their voting patterns with them. It's not like some countries where we could storm the palace and replace the politicians. It's your neighbors that are the problem now.

If the invaders voted Republican, it would be the Democrats out there with water cannons, just like when George Wallace did it.

I raised my hand and took an oath to protect our Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and though I'm no longer in, I've never rescinded that oath. I hope I never have to make good on it but I fear that's where we're headed.

Last edited: