Does CWD Even Exist?

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah. Unless it doesn’t. Just sayin’. You don’t know and I don’t know. We can say what we think.

History is replete with purported scientific ‘fact’ that is later proven to be wrong.

edit: I will add that you folks who want to talk in terms of certainties may want to go back and review (or look at for the first time) statistics 101.
It’s fine, we can argue moot points all you want. But the reality is, the physiological destruction that TSEs cause is going to be 100% fatal. There are some things that are 100% in life. Destruction of neurological tissue is one of them. If it’s destroyed, it’s not coming back. You can’t fix brain damage.

Just get on google at look images of a normal brain vs one with a TSE.

Zoa

Four Pointer
A farmer can correct me if I'm wrong, but if an animal on your farm tests positive for scrapie, don't they destroy the whole herd?
Not necessarily, they destroy only the "high-risk" animals, which in practice often means the whole flock, plus you have to work under a cleanup plan that is an enormous pain in the ass for years afterward. I know I'm personally susceptible to this, but I cannot for the life of me understand why some of y'all seem to think that CWD is some sort of deep state plot by the wildlife department of the Illuminati. CWD being scrapie does not make it "just scrapie," it makes it ten times worse. This could have major implications for small stock farms, who are already in trouble to begin with. There's a podcast interview somewhere with the Alabama Game and Fish Dept. on the subject, and it is well worth a listen.

Deep River

Ten Pointer
Contributor
It’s fine, we can argue moot points all you want. But the reality is, the physiological destruction that TSEs cause is going to be 100% fatal. There are some things that are 100% in life. Destruction of neurological tissue is one of them. If it’s destroyed, it’s not coming back. You can’t fix brain damage.

Just get on google at look images of a normal brain vs one with a TSE.
Time will tell.

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Not necessarily, they destroy only the "high-risk" animals, which in practice often means the whole flock, plus you have to work under a cleanup plan that is an enormous pain in the ass for years afterward. I know I'm personally susceptible to this, but I cannot for the life of me understand why some of y'all seem to think that CWD is some sort of deep state plot by the wildlife department of the Illuminati. CWD being scrapie does not make it "just scrapie," it makes it ten times worse. This could have major implications for small stock farms, who are already in trouble to begin with. There's a podcast interview somewhere with the Alabama Game and Fish Dept. on the subject, and it is well worth a listen.
^That's what I don't think people get.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Why is it thought to be a plot?
No credibility for any govt agency to handle any calamity.
Or No desire for any disruption in the deer routine.
I think that would cover most of the deniers.

Reactions: Zoa