Doe full of milk

tundrahunter

Four Pointer
My oldest daughter arrowed a nice size doe this morning. She was full of milk. Anyone else seen this in early season?

Crazyhunter

Button Buck
I've shot a couple during bow season with milk. I try not to shoot does with fawns but it happens sometimes. Most fawns should be okay now without the milk.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve done it myself. I try not to Kill mamas with fawns if possible but sometimes you never know. Like others have said usually by this time of year they are old enough to fend for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but it is very possible for doe's in a given area to be just dropping fawns now. I had one on cam this week that was just days old. Shoot what you want but don't be surprised if they are still nursing. Just like late season rabbit hunting....... many of the doe rabbits will have been bred by then and you come across a bunch of embryos when cleaning.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but it is very possible for doe's in a given area to be just dropping fawns now. I had one on cam this week that was just days old. Shoot what you want but don't be surprised if they are still nursing. Just like late season rabbit hunting....... many of the doe rabbits will have been bred by then and you come across a bunch of embryos when cleaning.

Got one on camera last week that hadn’t dropped

country

Ten Pointer
Won't shoot a doe until December. As hot as it is now won't even think about a buck either unless he is worthy of a spot on the wall.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
No worries on the milk. 1 of the ones I killed this eve had milk... her fawn has been in corn pile eating for 5-10mins before mama came in (spots almost gone on fawn)

They will survive just fine. If the fawn is a button then mama will run it off by Rut time anyway