Do you have a deer hunting partner?

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Solo hunter here, dad never got into anything besides rabbit and dove hunting and hasn't done either in years. Was in a hunt club for a couple years and met some good guys who I keep up with during hunting season through social media. The friends I do have who hunt have their own private spots who I don't ask if an invite has been given. I've got my private spots which the owners only let me and my son's hunt. None of my friends who I've invited out to public aren't much into the hiking in part of it.

Hopeful my 12 and 5 yr old sons will want to be my hunting partners soon. They haven't quite got the itch for it yet

UncleFester

Old Mossy Horns
I honestly have nobody but me ā€¦. Heck I donā€™t even have a friend that hunts. My sons will help me drag but they donā€™t care about hunting (fishing YES ) thatā€™s why Iā€™m here so I can at least act like I have hunting friends šŸ˜‚
If me and NCBowjunkie and Deerjager aren't hunting Friday mornings we're usually at Greene's or Hutchins eating breakfast at 8:30am. More than welcome to join us. OleBob has met us there before too.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
@SnowMaker OK maybe it was my idea but then somebody orchestrated a frog-gigging escapade and ran away with the whole thing. I've just been trying to keep up since then...

It is very nice to have a husband who doubles as a hunting buddy though :)
Couldnā€™t agree more. Hunting together has added a whole different level of blessing to our marriage (me and my wife , not me and @SnowMaker šŸ˜‘). Seeing her kill a bear with a pistol was one of the best experiences Iā€™ve ever had in the woods.

And I agree with @Ol Copper , if we werenā€™t so spread out, thereā€™s a whole slew of folks from here Iā€™d hunt with regularly. Iā€™ve hunted more with people from this forum than local people I knew from day to day life. Me and @Bluedogman dont always get to be in the woods at the same time and sometimes itā€™s a bummer. But many times I think heā€™d agree that we keep each others love for the outdoors goin. Rest assured if heā€™s hunting and Iā€™m workin, Iā€™m checking in all day to hear his reports from the timber.

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
My dads always been my favorite hunting partner. Half the time weā€™re cracking jokes the other half weā€™re bickering. Guess weā€™re too much alike. The hunting partners are the best part of the hunt a lot of times. @hunthard2 is a tool but heā€™s a heck of a friend to hunt with. And a couple brother in laws that are fun to hunt with. And the boys from the forum that I got to hunt with up high last year and hope we get to do it again.

The fellowship is what makes it so enjoyable.

Wren87

Four Pointer
Couldnā€™t agree more. Hunting together has added a whole different level of blessing to our marriage (me and my wife , not me and @SnowMaker šŸ˜‘). Seeing her kill a bear with a pistol was one of the best experiences Iā€™ve ever had in the woods.

And I agree with @Ol Copper , if we werenā€™t so spread out, thereā€™s a whole slew of folks from here Iā€™d hunt with regularly. Iā€™ve hunted more with people from this forum than local people I knew from day to day life. Me and @Bluedogman dont always get to be in the woods at the same time and sometimes itā€™s a bummer. But many times I think heā€™d agree that we keep each others love for the outdoors goin. Rest assured if heā€™s hunting and Iā€™m workin, Iā€™m checking in all day to hear his reports from the timber.
Lol @ your clarification :LOL:
So cool that you and your wife bear hunt together! I can't even imagine what that would be like--bears terrify me. @SnowMaker and I scare them off the porch together and that's enough of a thrill...

Hopefully I get to meet some of these fine forum folks at one of these meet-ups. I'm always afraid to be the one gal who shows up, so maybe you can convince your wife to come too šŸ˜‰

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Most of the time I hunt alone but I do occasionally hunt with a friend. We actually spent a few hours scouting Sunday and he went out and saw two does and two bucks today at that new spot.

Critcher

Four Pointer
Me and my old man a few years back enjoying being together in the outdoors and just happen to bag a little meat, I watched him and my father in law shoot two bucks Saturday off the cabin porch and was able to assist on those , good times and memories that are always cherished as they donā€™t last forever but I am forever grateful my old man got me outside.

Attachments

• 1AD7D17B-59E5-418F-8DDF-F0579EC90278.png
    1AD7D17B-59E5-418F-8DDF-F0579EC90278.png
    378.7 KB · Views: 15

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Hinted my early years with my dad. He stopped hunting much when I was 16, after that my best friend that passed away last year.37 years hunting deer and turkeys, I have 4/ sons now.oldest doesn't hunt much anymore as he has friends who don't and addicted to games and being slack.lol. my second sons has been by my side since he could walk and we hunt almost very time together ,if I take off work he don't go to school.lol. my 2 youngest sons go.from.time.to.time,but still mommas.boys. Been taking my late friends kids as much as can and they have fun and his son got a nice buck last week with me. I do the best I can with the time I have and who wants to.go. Years of memories made and tales to be told. I have a few more.close.friends I used to hunt with a lot also.we talks about everyday and still plan strategies. Hunting and the outdoors have been the biggest part of.my life since the first day I went with my dad when I was 5. All throughout the ups and downs ,ex girlfriend's who couldn't put up with me hunting everyday. Lol.And the one I couldn't run off who gave me 4 of my hunting buddies today.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
My dad started this crazy amazing passion.. I think there are many days he regrets doing so. Me not so much

Iā€™ve been hunting with my best friend since we were 6ā€¦ he has slowed down since he got married but still gets after it.

Miss hunting with my grandfather. He is doing well but quit last year.

My dads best friend and one of the best hunters I knew passed away in 2004. Not a hunting trip goes by without thinking of him

I hunt solo a lot but cherish the company hunts more than anything. Sharing those memories makes for awesome days in the field.

I have been very fortunate to meet some amazing members on here to hunt and fish with @Helium @luckybuck @Ol Copper @UncleFester @turkeyfoot @Blackwater @team muddy creek @Lucky Clucker

There are many more I hope to meet

ELR Shooter

Four Pointer
Just my dad most of the time or a couple of friends on occasion. I have a 6 week old son that I can't wait to get him into the outdoors. First thing my mom said once he was born was "I'm getting him his lifetime license for Christmas."

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Lol @ your clarification :LOL:
So cool that you and your wife bear hunt together! I can't even imagine what that would be like--bears terrify me. @SnowMaker and I scare them off the porch together and that's enough of a thrill...

Hopefully I get to meet some of these fine forum folks at one of these meet-ups. I'm always afraid to be the one gal who shows up, so maybe you can convince your wife to come too šŸ˜‰
Absolutely. I know Snowmaker and I have talked about it too. Maybe we can work it out

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Nah, itā€™s just me. I was fine with that for years and years but now Iā€™m finding that I wish I could share it. Actually that was the draw for this forum for me. I can share my outdoor adventures with someone. Most of the internet wonā€™t care or would chime in to tell me Iā€™m doing it wrong. This place is different (mostly).

dubbeltap69

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Nah, itā€™s just me. I was fine with that for years and years but now Iā€™m finding that I wish I could share it. Actually that was the draw for this forum for me. I can share my outdoor adventures with someone. Most of the internet wonā€™t care or would chime in to tell me Iā€™m doing it wrong. This place is different (mostly).
Sure hoping our schedules can align one day and we can have some fun.

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
Iā€™ve not been in the woods by myself in the past 5 years. My oldest son is always right with me It donā€™t matter if weā€™re deer hunting or chasing coon at 2 in the morning.
And believe it or not we actually enjoy @YanceyGreenhorn tagging along. That donā€™t happen as often as we wish it could but itā€™s always a good time in the timber

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
My dad started this crazy amazing passion.. I think there are many days he regrets doing so. Me not so much

Iā€™ve been hunting with my best friend since we were 6ā€¦ he has slowed down since he got married but still gets after it.

Miss hunting with my grandfather. He is doing well but quit last year.

My dads best friend and one of the best hunters I knew passed away in 2004. Not a hunting trip goes by without thinking of him

I hunt solo a lot but cherish the company hunts more than anything. Sharing those memories makes for awesome days in the field.

I have been very fortunate to meet some amazing members on here to hunt and fish with @Helium @luckybuck @Ol Copper @UncleFester @turkeyfoot @Blackwater @team muddy creek @Lucky Clucker

There are many more I hope to meet
You are one of the few that can actually claim to have been on Bustle Farm LOL. Maybe one of these days you will get to kill a buck here...

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
You are one of the few that can actually claim to have been on Bustle Farm LOL. Maybe one of these days you will get to kill a buck here...
That means more than you know! Its good to have friends close by in case something happens. That honey was absolutely amazing! Hope yall enjoyed the jerky. My grandfather was completely out and eats it every day, so he was really excited when I gifted it to him.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I used to. But then things got busier for us both and we haven't hunted together much lately.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Dad didnā€™t hunt, so I was a little older getting started deer hunting. My son is 6 and he is starting to want to go with me. I need to build a blind to conceal his movement šŸ˜‚. He went a couple times last year. Always asks if I ā€œcaught a deerā€ ? Lol. I hope to be his hunting partner for a long time.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
That means more than you know! Its good to have friends close by in case something happens. That honey was absolutely amazing! Hope yall enjoyed the jerky. My grandfather was completely out and eats it every day, so he was really excited when I gifted it to him.
The jerky is great, I have to hide it from my kid lol...

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Had a few over the years. All good friends one deceased, two others life took them elsewhere. Now I have a kennel partner hunted with him for over 25 years now. My wife and I hunt together most of the time. My Dad has hunted with me very little. We would go on a camping/hunting trip 3 days a year for the past 25 years. Being there when he killed his second deer ever was great. I'll never forget that day. He hasn't hunted in the last several years. Memories, cherish making them.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
first season without my dad, he was on stand next to me in 1974 when i killed my first deer running dogs......we've hunted deer rabbits and turkeys every year since then....my son has been with me since '07 some every year.....