Do you have a deer hunting partner?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My daughter hunts with me, she is coming along pretty good, she's my buddy...

Adult wise, I only have one hunting partner. We were talking the other day and realized that we had been hunting together coming up on 20 years. Met right here on this forum.

He never leaves me hanging, he is never late, he has NEVER put me in an unsafe position or muzzled me with a firearm. He always brings something to the mix, we have a ball and he makes me laugh, we have seen half of America together and if I needed him any time of day or night he'd be there. Solid as a friggin' rock.
@turkeyfoot is the man, turkey hunting legend and one hell of a friend.

It is sad that some days when we are way out away from the truck on some god forsaken mountain that we realize that it wont always be this way. Getting older and them ol mountains get a little steeper. But we'll go til we die or die trying . 👍🏼
Kinder words than I deserve and everything you said 100 fold right back at you. You know you got a great friend when you just can't wait for that next adventure don't care if its down the rd or to Wyoming me and @Ol Copper we always got each others backs and have an absolute ball doing it kill or no kill never had bad trip but lots laughs and memories. That kid his gonna be calling in birds for us old men before we know it.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
My dad started this crazy amazing passion.. I think there are many days he regrets doing so. Me not so much

I’ve been hunting with my best friend since we were 6… he has slowed down since he got married but still gets after it.

Miss hunting with my grandfather. He is doing well but quit last year.

My dads best friend and one of the best hunters I knew passed away in 2004. Not a hunting trip goes by without thinking of him

I hunt solo a lot but cherish the company hunts more than anything. Sharing those memories makes for awesome days in the field.

I have been very fortunate to meet some amazing members on here to hunt and fish with @Helium @luckybuck @Ol Copper @UncleFester @turkeyfoot @Blackwater @team muddy creek @Lucky Clucker

There are many more I hope to meet
Couldn't said it better this forum has great bunch people always puts a smile on me evertime see pic of kill or stringer fish from one you fellas.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Been mmeaning tell you I'm by your way several times a year now with kid on school if sched lines up might drop by for a lunch or shoot something. I know a turkey spot that's only hour from you on some Tn public.
Absolutely . Just give me a few days notice and it won’t be a problem

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Been involved with my hunting club for close to 20 years but it become personal when these two ladies become a huge part of my life. I've always been a facilitator and enjoyed watching others reap the fruits of my labor but now these two will be at the top of my list. Christy's first buck was a stud and she has been hooked ever since and Maddie is a stone cold killer. I truly enjoy watching them grow as hunters and believe me they both put sweat and tears into preparation. These are my partners

Attachments

• PART_1450912211523_2.jpg
    PART_1450912211523_2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 3555.jpg
    3555.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 0407180815d.jpg
    0407180815d.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20191126_085026.jpg
    20191126_085026.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 30

God_Is_Good

Button Buck
My 10 year old. He's my best friend. Heck my only friend lol. Most my friends done me wrong so now it's just me and him.

venom17

Six Pointer
Joined a club 5 yrs ago just for this. I had been running solo until then. Dad passed when I was very young and no one else in the family hunted. Started really getting into the outdoors when I went into the military in '94 and slowly worked my way through the obstacles of life hunting every now and then. My son has been hunting a few times with me when he was younger but has since grew out of the outdoors. My daughter never really showed interest until about age 21-22 but she is now married and lives in Tampa. Hopefully in a couple of years when the grandkids grew up a little I can get them out. I have had a few buddies that hunted but not on a regular basis.

genbud78

Ten Pointer
I hunt with my dad. I'm 44 and he's 76. He helped me pull out a buck yesterday. Always great to have him around and one of the highlights of hunting.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've hunted with my Dad since I was young, but he came into it as an adult. It's in my blood in a different way than him. I have gone on long distance, out of state hunts by myself, but he won't hunt 30 minutes down the road without me. At 71, he still hunts every year, but much less than he used to. He's always been a meat hunter first and foremost, but he does pretty well laying off the bucks these days. I think we've only ever doubled on bucks once in 30 years of hunting.

Dad just lost that drive to put in real effort a long time ago. Countless times I have asked him to go with me on a hunting trip, but he just doesn't have the desire to travel for it. I can't complain, we've had a lot of good memories around here. The frustrating part is I spent my early years being anchored by football or college classes in the fall, while he went on trips to WY. Then by the time I was completely out of college and could go, he had already scratched that itch.

As time has progressed, and my sons are now to hunting age, they are increasingly replacing him as my primary hunting partner. I guess that's the way it's supposed to work.

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
i started deer hunting in college when my buddy invited me to hunt. that's going on 13 years ago and me and him still hunt together more than i hunt with anyone else. We hunt permit hunts together and fish together as well. And ive been trying to get him to start building points for out of state hunts with me. This will be the first thanksgiving that since that time we havent hunted together, he has to work but im still going down and hunting.

surveyor

Old Mossy Horns
Lol she’s got a good sense of humor about it. You’ve gotta give us more backstory tho buddy! Is this an annual event with you and him?
Not an annual event yet, it's her boyfriend of about 2 years ish.

He's kind of a libertarianesque political science/political theory guy. Into a lot of the cerebral things about politics. Guess he plans on doing graduate work in same.

He's not liberal, or progressive, but definitely not a political conservative either.

But he's held regular jobs while in college, has done construction work, so he's no stranger to labor, and he treats her well, so I let him exist in my world.

I just don't let him forget who's always right.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Not an annual event yet, it's her boyfriend of about 2 years ish.

He's kind of a libertarianesque political science/political theory guy. Into a lot of the cerebral things about politics. Guess he plans on doing graduate work in same.

He's not liberal, or progressive, but definitely not a political conservative either.

But he's held regular jobs while in college, has done construction work, so he's no stranger to labor, and he treats her well, so I let him exist in my world.

I just don't let him forget who's always right.
Sweet deal. Looking forward to a good story if he goes with ya.

np307

Ten Pointer
I've got a good friend who is my western hunting partner. We hunt together here too occasionally but not all the time.

Got another friend who I try to get at least one turkey hunt a year with, but doesn't always work out.

I always try to take my brother-in-law hunting around this time of year.

Got another friend who has hunted longer than me but never did the public land or packing out stuff so he's been tagging along occasionally this year.

I enjoy hunting solo and with a friend, but if I could only choose one type I'd roll solo.