Do you even care now?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Sports?
Just when we may get some pro leagues in play we get demands for apologies from the players for our past boycotts or from the leagues for not supporting .......

Do they not realize that the world just figured out how "essential" pro sports were?

DFisher

Eight Pointer
And baseball players want to be paid for the entire year to play part of the season. I'm done with it all concerning pro stick-and-ball sports. Now, NCAA, let's see what you can do to run me off.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They are free to destroy their sports as far as I'm concerned. I hope they do. No support from here at all for the last 2 years or more. Don't miss it, and my lack of support will continue.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sports?
Just when we may get some pro leagues in play we get demands for apologies from the players for our past boycotts or from the leagues for not supporting .......

Do they not realize that the world just figured out how "essential" pro sports were?

its kinda like the Republican Party and the Christian voter base, how far can you push one without losing them to gain another market or voter base.

I’d say they’re pushing on the traditional fan base guessing they’ll have short memories and go back to eating wings and watching on sundays, but they’re gaining a crowd that all together didn’t really care about football or pro sports before. I’d wager they’re losing most of the traditional crowd due to redskins and cowboys being garbage anyway lol

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Im in a pickle.....I love watching pro Football, but I am so sick of all the b.s. the players say and do.
I would love to see them be humbled.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

At the end of the day, you can’t raise hell about the $ they make and go to the game with a $100 ticket, $50 concessions, wearing a $75 jersey and tuning In on your Sunday ticket subscription to keep up with your ad riddled fantasy football league. Pro athletes don’t make any higher of a % than the average skilled worker running heavy equipment vs the construction company. If folks were willing to come by the hundred of thousands @ $100/per to watch you run a dozer, well we’d have a bunch of rich dozer drivers.

It’s supply and demand, pure and simple. You vote with your money, whether it’s the NFL or politicians. You cut off the funding, things will change in a hurry. If you just grumble on a forum and go back to watching football, you won’t see a single thing change. Americans have way too short a memory, they’re counting on it.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Im only guilty of watching on t.v. [emoji13]

I know what your saying. As much as I love watching it Id be happy to see them go a couple of years without it just to show the players whats what.

P.S. Is the Nielsen ratings still a thing? I mean how do they determine the number of people watching a show nowadays?

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Im only guilty of watching on t.v. [emoji13]

I know what your saying. As much as I love watching it Id be happy to see them go a couple of years without it just to show the players whats what.

P.S. Is the Nielsen ratings still a thing? I mean how do they determine the number of people watching a show nowadays?

Every night your satellite box reports everything you watched and recorded. If you are on cable, they already have it.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Every night your satellite box reports everything you watched and recorded. If you are on cable, they already have it.

Yep, and those numbers are what advertisers go by to decide where they spend money to run their commercials. If any televised media has nobody tuning in, the advertising dries up. Sorta like spending money for a billboard that is located such that no one can see it. That would be wasted money. I may only be one person, but if enough would just stop supporting them, just maybe the message would trickle through. Yet I know that is only wishful thinking on my part. Too many are willing to overlook.....

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Yep, and those numbers are what advertisers go by to decide where they spend money to run their commercials. If any televised media has nobody tuning in, the advertising dries up. Sorta like spending money for a billboard that is located such that no one can see it. That would be wasted money. I may only be one person, but if enough would just stop supporting them, just maybe the message would trickle through. Yet I know that is only wishful thinking on my part. Too many are willing to overlook.....

That's why if I am going to fall asleep watching TV, I put it on a channel I want to support with ratings. Also why I cancelled the DVR programming on things that pushed me away from them. (NASCAR)

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Nope. I used to watch every race and every college football game I could. I would spend all day at the pub watching the big screens. Haven't done that in at least 3 years. Won't be back either. I don't think they care. There are more than enough sheep to replace the fans they are losing.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Gotcha, I figured that was how they got their numbers but wasn't sure.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Haven't looked in awhile but just read some articles on nfl.com and looks like the kneeling during the anthem is going to start back up.
I know its a pipe dream but it would tickle me to death if when they start that crap the stadium would empty and fans would start protesting.

Buffet Trout

Twelve Pointer
I think he’s a great athlete

it’s unfortunate that so many athletes think the world should agree with their political expertise...and ironic that they wont take athletic advice from politicians

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Ultra woke Oakland, California no longer has an NFL team

I guess leftists really don't like the NFL..............

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Ultra woke Oakland, California no longer has an NFL team

I guess leftists really don't like the NFL..............
well real woke folks should be boycotting the nfl for an entirely different set of reasons. Safety. My God they were scared to get out of their beds for months, how can they support brain injury glorified?
It isnt too healthy to play football.

Boondock has it nailed.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
Seeing and hearing what has transpired the past few days, to answer OP's question....
NO. I don't care anymore.
Pro Football was my last bastion, and now I say no.
Pro Football-out
Nascar- out
Never cared for the rest, especially NBA.
So, they're all out. I just don't care.

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Well we are down to the NHL for or sports enjoyment. Let's see how long it takes em to run me off. Boondock is correct, cut off the $$ and whatcha the chaos it brings.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
I'm done. Will spend my time watching youth sports up thru collegiate, and local races for cars and go-karts. Too much good stuff out there to be hung on this mess.

dc bigdaddy

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm done. Will spend my time watching youth sports up thru collegiate, and local races for cars and go-karts. Too much good stuff out there to be hung on this mess.
well the college kids think they know it all and some are running their mouths. Once you get past high school they're about the same.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The mindset begins at, if not before, the college level. That liberal washtub has been brought up here many times... Who would be surprised of that level of sports participating in the nonsense we are currently seeing...?
It is actually a given..