DIY Washing Machine

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
It doesn’t make financial sense to use a laundromat. Ain’t no way I’m buying a new washer and dryer either. It’s also not out of the realm of possibility that our country will see mostly peaceful civil unrest and collapse in my lifetime. So I made this in the name of function and didn’t spend time worrying about aesthetics. Do I realize the kids aren’t water tight? Yep. Do I care? Nah. Wives do the laundry . Actually 87FE1522-5978-430A-B995-063EB4E93388.jpegD4E0E4AC-39C2-4666-B1D9-3D41C0275881.jpeg42065AAA-9A3B-4F87-A161-962CC8B0328B.jpeg Works great. Fill outer barrel with water. Fill smaller inner barrel with clothes. Crank away till you’re satisfied (no homo), drain water, do a rinse cycle then a spin before hanging em on the line. Used a 55 gal , a 35 gal, random cheap and leftover hardware, dowel rod, rebar, treated 2x’s , pvc for agitators , etc. Might have $25 into it (Putins price hike, of course) as the majority of stuff was already on hand. Will have to give a later update to let y’all know how it does on skid marks and snail trails.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I had that conversation last week and decided I didn’t want “finding an old bike at the dump or the internet” to my honey do list

Hey I got some old bikes the grandkids don’t use no more you can have you can pick it up when you pick up the turtles

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Only reason I’m not a complete deplorable 🤣
Depends on who’s using the word. Thanks for giving me some family history when I was attempting to act better than you by implying you were less significant for bathing more frequently than me in a SHTF situation. Azz backwards I tell ya

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
For 100 in the classified section you could be washing and wait for it drying too. We could take up a donation I bet.