Dixie Gun and Knife

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Thought it was a flop last time looking for guns... selection sucked. How about for reloading? Are the prices as good as online or should I save my $8 and 1.5hr drive?

Need...

Accurate 2200
Lil Gun
Primers
556 projectiles

deepbreath

Six Pointer
I’d look online - I quit going, haven’t found any “deals” that I couldn’t find with a key stroke.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I’d look online - I quit going, haven’t found any “deals” that I couldn’t find with a key stroke.

Ditto..... only time I’ve gone in the past few years has been for a gun part I didn’t wanna spend $10 shipping for a $4 spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Ditto..... only time I’ve gone in the past few years has been for a gun part I didn’t wanna spend $10 shipping for a $4 spring

So you spent $8 admission for a $4 spring and $XX.XX in fuel to get there.

C52

Eight Pointer
I go every year and don’t see anything that I should buy. My son and I walk around saying we probably won’t go next year. We always do, and this year will be no different. I wouldn’t go just to make a purchase

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
About the only reason I go to any gun show anymore is to see the used stuff, and chit chat with dealers and friends that I only see at gun shows.

I occasionally find a deal on things, most often if I can do a little bundling on multiple items. Like the last gun show I went to, I bought a pound of H110, a pound of Lil Gun and a 10oz jug of Blackhorn 209 for $60. I can’t beat that price online

Lee

Six Pointer
Back when I had a range membership and shot a couple of weekends each month and competed, I had a system worked out with one of the reloading dealers. I would email them a month before the show and ask for a quote on my list. They would match or do better than most online dealers and I wouldn't have to pay hazmat shipping. I would go to the show and pick up my supplies with cash. Win-win.

Since I am fairly local, I always consider the price of admission to be a movie ticket. There's lots of entertainment to be had. Remington 700's for sale that were used as sniper rifles in WWII, the place is full of Delta Operators and Seal Team Members according to the stories, and every old rusty single shot is a collector's item. My son and I would make bets on who could find the most outrageous sales story.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
What will be the going price of some of the cheaper AR lowers at the show? I haven’t been to one in 10 years probably, but thinking about going Sunday maybe.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
What will be the going price of some of the cheaper AR lowers at the show? I haven’t been to one in 10 years probably, but thinking about going Sunday maybe.
Anderson lowers in the $60 range usually at the local shop so i would hope $50 or less to make price of admission worth it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’ve been to a few. Finally made a purchase.

mid you are looking reloading powder.....deals are there. Shop around. Make offers.

never bought primers there, butI imagine they are the sane

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
If anybody goes tomorrow please do me a favor. If there is a dealer with stag lowers please let me know....price too please.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Bought an AR500 target set....and some powder. Best deal was a left hand blackhawk serpa in the $7 bin.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
I'm pretty sure I saw one vendor that had a stag for $80 or $90. I came away empty handed and $9 lighter for the entry fee.