Did a female really win a high school wrestling title this weekend?

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep.. best part about wrestling.. there is no gender.. 106lb is 106lb.. whistle blows get to work. My son had a female opponent this year and a girl on his team.. no quarter given in either direction. Found myself pulling for the girls some when I had no corndog in the fight.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
They don't even look like they belong in the same weight class. Thick legs with cankles equal slow feet, as was evident in the video.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They don't even look like they belong in the same weight class. Thick legs with cankles equal slow feet, as was evident in the video.
In the higher weight classes they don't compete in most cases. But the 106, 113, and 120 are.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If she’s the best wrestler at her weight, in her school....more power to her.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
She's the best wrestler at her weight in the State.

We had 4 girls wrestle this year. One was a starter. She's pretty good. She's also a great kid and a hard worker.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
She's the best wrestler at her weight in the State.

We had 4 girls wrestle this year. One was a starter. She's pretty good. She's also a great kid and a hard worker.

The one in the video????.....that got folded up, like a lawn chair????

mjbrady

Twelve Pointer
That young lady is the best 1a 106lb wrestler in the state and she beat the best competition put up against her. Her technique was very solid, she will forever be a state champion. Very impressive

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Heaven won the 1A state championship. She wrestles year round and is ranked nationally. She works very hard and had a season record of 54-4 if I recall correctly.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I used to help coach high school wrestling. We had a girl come out for the team...one day. The guys were obviously all uncomfortable about having to wrestle with her, so we laid it out to her and them. : Basically, in wrestling there is no male or female, only wrestler. There IS going to be grabbing and groping in "forbidden places" for both sexes, but so long as it is done as wrestlers, get over it or get off the team. I'm not sure if it was the grabbing and groping, or if it was just to hard for her, but she didn't come back the next day. In all fairness to the females, we also had a several football jocks try out. Only one stuck with it, the rest quit, and one left crying. Maybe I'm biased, but wrestling is the toughest high school sport, and will get you in better shape than any other sport, in this area anyway.