Dicks at it again.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Since then sales at Dick’s have declined, despite a strong U.S. economy and consumer spending, Mr. Stack has blamed much of the decline on its stance on guns, saying some gun enthusiasts have stopped shopping at the chain.

Ya think? They burned that bridge to the ground. They might as well have pulled all of their guns 2 years ago.

beavercleaver

Twelve Pointer
while hunting last year i impulse bought a gun safe from a dicks flash sale thought it was the super wide one ..when i got home i measured my current safe and seen the new one was same width as mine only 8 inches shorter so i tried to cancell order...the would not cancell order..they made me wait to get it shipped to my house and refuse to sighn for it in order to return it for a refund..i did get a full refund but they had to pay for shipping from ohio to nc and back to ohio instead of cancelling the order 3 hours after i orderd the thing ..dumb policies like that can tell you why they are a failure dicks go figure

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Dick's will be dick's... Their dead to me anyway, I never shopped there even before they slit their throat...

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If every hunter and shooter felt the way I do, they could stop selling guns in all their stores. I stopped supporting them when they stopped supporting me.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
"Dick’s has struggled with declining sales since its CEO Ed Stack made a public decision to stop selling guns to buyers under 21 and take assault-style weapons out of all stores after a fatal school shooting in Parkland, Fla. Dick’s is also working to stem sluggish sales as more shoppers buy sporting goods online."

Good example of the power of the purse.

Gauging the sentiment of the Forum members here, I'd say Dick's days are numbered........

chef

Ten Pointer
i keep getting gift certificates from them from my dad. i told him to get bass pro from now on. i have $200 from them. i was going to buy a sub compact carry gun but nope....
they don' t seem to sell handguns

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
They just gave a bunch more folks who, for some reason, still patronize them, to never shop there again!

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Find whatever they have have absolutely the best price on and buy it. Do not let them keep the $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. they already have the $200 when the cards were purchased. if you don't use the cards they get to keep it.

Related - unused gift cards are cash cows for big business.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
This. they already have the $200 when the cards were purchased. if you don't use the cards they get to keep it.

Related - unused gift cards are cash cows for big business.
Yep, wait for a flash sale and get what you need. Or wait til you need workout clothes I guess.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I haven’t bought anything or darkened their door since 2 years ago!

Hope they fold up for there liberal stance.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
I'll take the gift cards from you.

I haven't gone into Dick's since this happened but I'll make this exception.

ahales

Four Pointer
I was a little hesitant to read this thread based on the name of it. ? I agree with the rest of you. I haven’t shopped there in years. Even before they pulled the guns. Hope they tank.