Post deleted

southerngunbelle

Six Pointer
Many of y’all have seen pics I posted with the 13 year old young man I was mentoring during trapping season. One of my best friends adopted him after he had years of hell from his biological family.He is like a nephew to me. I don’t want to get into specifics on here, but he’s On a bad way. A lot of things his family did to him has caught up with him and really twisted him up. I’ll just say this...”hurt people hurt people.” He’s been removed from my friends’ house and there’s a good chance he will be institutionalized . Prayers needed for him and his adoptive parents. The whole thing has been a heartbreaker. Thx
Prayers said

Hoss

Eight Pointer
Going to bed and praying for my family and my nation,will include this young man. Glad to see your concern. May God bless you for spending time with him.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
My wife is a high school teacher and we were foster parents for a loooong time. Ive actually lost track of how many kids have been under our care in our home.

Some kids you just cannot reach because of the damage that has been done to them by parents or relatives.
It is scary to think about what some children have lived through.

You roll up your sleeves, get in there and try to be a difference like you have. If they are young enough sometimes it helps, once they hit 8-9 years old it gets rough. You put it all in Gods hands and try to accomplish a goal. Sorry to say that if it was bad enough you can only try.......

I'll be praying for this young man, and you, thank you for what you did. If you need an ear hit me up buddy.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I worked inpatient MH for years at a community hospital and the kids were the one's that affected your heart the hardest. Unfortunately like it has already been said there are some that just aren't going to change or are so damaged they can't change. Our prisons and graveyards are full of those same kids, some who had every chance in the world.
So don't feel that every kid is reachable, and if all were like the OP those same places would have many less occupants.
I'll send up prayers for all involved, but please don't beat yourself up over this. You did much more than most to help this kid.