Desperately need prayers for my little trapping buddy

YanceyGreenhorn

Ten Pointer
I worked inpatient MH for years at a community hospital and the kids were the one's that affected your heart the hardest. Unfortunately like it has already been said there are some that just aren't going to change or are so damaged they can't change. Our prisons and graveyards are full of those same kids, some who had every chance in the world.
So don't feel that every kid is reachable, and if all were like the OP those same places would have many less occupants.
I'll send up prayers for all involved, but please don't beat yourself up over this. You did much more than most to help this kid.
Thanks for the kind words and insight, Eric. Due to my own experiences as a kid and several others’, I know the reality of it. I’m not blaming myself or thinking I didn’t do enough or anything like that. And it sounds like you’ve seen more than a fair share of the same type of stuff. Best we can do now is pray he finds it in himself to break that cycle. Plenty of good memories being in the woods and I learned a thing or two about mentoring a kid in the outdoors. So it’ll help me next time I get the chance

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
praying for this kid and hope things improve. Sad when things like this happen because of the environment he was dealt

YanceyGreenhorn

Ten Pointer
praying for this kid and hope things improve. Sad when things like this happen because of the environment he was dealt
Thanks. I agree. He’s responsible for his actions but it sucks when those actions are based on what he was (or wasnt) taught during those crucial years

witler

Eight Pointer
Knee mail sent, it really lays heavy on a person's heart when prayer is all one can do to help.

YanceyGreenhorn

Ten Pointer
Knee mail sent, it really lays heavy on a person's heart when prayer is all one can do to help.
It’s been hard for everyone. Really sucks since due to legal implications and stuff regarding his case, I made the decision not to communicate with him. Spent a lot of days on the river or in the woods recently praying for him and hoping he makes a turn around. Thx for the prayers. Knee mail...I like that

old school

Six Pointer
Very sad to hear. Thirteen is such a tough age to cope with in a normal situation sometime. Can't do anything to change his past, but prayer in earnest for his future...

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Hard to believe the condition some kids have to live in. Praying for God to heal this young man!

lbksmom

Twelve Pointer
Prayers sent to family. We are currently have 1 of 3 raised but 6 weeks ago had to get rid of the 16yr boy just so rebel about everything, lie, steal from us etc. It is so different with the children today.

YanceyGreenhorn

Ten Pointer
Prayers sent to family. We are currently have 1 of 3 raised but 6 weeks ago had to get rid of the 16yr boy just so rebel about everything, lie, steal from us etc. It is so different with the children today.
Thanks so much. Prayers to y’all as well. And the 16 year old. It’s sad what people do(or don’t do) that ends up affecting the kids. God bless y’all for doing what you do